summer placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer placement

I'm currently a year 2 pharmacy student. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me how can I apply for industrial placement in north east region?? Is there a higher chances of getting industrial placement?? What about community and hospital placement?? What is the chances of getting a placement over summer?? Can anyone give me an example of a of how a covering letter is written for industrial and hospital placement???

Thankyou

hi, im not quite sure if its possible to do placements in industry, if it is its very rare. I know you can do placements in hospital as my friend has just done one, but im not sure how he went about organising that.. I will ask him.

Im in my second year as well and this summer I did the boots summer placement which you can apply for online at the boots job website. Its pretty straight forward, just answer the questions and give positive optimistic answers about the future of pharmacy and boots. Its a good way to earn money and experience during the summer and i had a good time, met lots of new friends so go for it.

if youve got any other questions just ask.

Comment

Industry Placements

Originally posted by infinityhappy
      I'm currently a year 2 pharmacy student. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me how can I apply for industrial placement in north east region?? Is there a higher chances of getting industrial placement?? What about community and hospital placement?? What is the chances of getting a placement over summer?? Can anyone give me an example of a of how a covering letter is written for industrial and hospital placement???

Thankyou
      Do any of your pharmaceutics lecturers have contacts?
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut
        Do any of your pharmaceutics lecturers have contacts?
        I haven't ask my lecturers yet.. but I have called up to asked abt hospital placement...

Comment

Thankyou
          See my reply from a similar post in the 'ask a pharmacist' section

Industry: AZ and Pfizer (I think) offer summer vacation experience for 3rd year students. If you're really keen todo this try approaching some generics manufacturers in the summers before this. Prob be general dog's bosy work, but experience nonetheless.

Comment

Yeah but if you take a work placement with Pfizer they'll probably only let you work for one company when you qualify!
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Thankyou
              Hi

I used to work for Reckitt Benckiser in Hull. They used to take on quite a few pharmacy students. Try writing to their personnel dept. Just do a good quality standard CV, stating why you want to work there etc. I know a guy's name you can write personally to, so if you want it send me a private message.
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Hi,

I'm in my first year at london school of pharmacy, and just out of interest, would it be great, or bit of an over kill, if i apply to work in a local pharmacy during easter and apply to work in a different local pharmacy during the summer?

I'd love to have an industry summer placement, but it seems really unlikely for a first year... would you say its 'enough' for a first year to apply for community summer placement, and do hospital/industry later in 2nd year? or do as much work placement as possible? if so, how? its not as hard to get hold of a place in a local pharmacy than a place in hospital/industry (i think a summer placement in industry is the hardest to get hold of right?) and i think it'll be a big step forward if i can work in a hospital...

Any comments/opinions appreciated,

Thanks
                Last edited by Robusty; 1, November 2006, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robusty View Post
                  Hi,

I'm in my first year at london school of pharmacy, and just out of interest, would it be great, or bit of an over kill, if i apply to work in a local pharmacy during easter and apply to work in a different local pharmacy during the summer?

I'd love to have an industry summer placement, but it seems really unlikely for a first year... would you say its 'enough' for a first year to apply for community summer placement, and do hospital/industry later in 2nd year? or do as much work placement as possible? if so, how? its not as hard to get hold of a place in a local pharmacy than a place in hospital/industry (i think a summer placement in industry is the hardest to get hold of right?) and i think it'll be a big step forward if i can work in a hospital...

Any comments/opinions appreciated,

Thanks
                  Times have changed - long holidays and a student card in your pocket.
                  Could I suggest that the time would be better spent with a backpack and a thumb.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X