pre-registration places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-registration places

Can anybody tell me what you should do if you dont have a pre-reg place for next year yet. It seems as though all the multiples are not takning anymore applications. Ive rang all the local independent pharmacies and most of them dont do pre reg places. Dont know where to go from know?? what would be ideal if there was a list of all vacant pre-reg places nationwide for next year. Would make things much easier.

Keep an eye on the PJ. There's always places advertised there from about now to just before the start of pre-reg. Granted, it will probably be a crap placement in some little independent pharmacy who only wants you there as an extra pair of hands for very little £££ (whilst receiving approx £6000) for training you, but hey....it's better than no pre-reg at all. You'll just have to start using your Drug Tariff for bedtime reading...

Comment

prerg places.

You can look at the NPA (National pharmaceutical association), it is for community ph, they have a long list of prereg places, and their closing dates until the next year.

Best of luck.

Comment

N.T.: the pre-reg payment jumped up the other year: contractors get nearer £16,000 than £6,000.

Zafzal: what part of the country are you in? Look on the NPA website and try phoning independents and small chains.

Comment

Some community phs pay slightly more than 18k for their prereg, hospitals pay 20k.

Comment

most of the chains are coming back to fill the vacant positions by the end of this month... boots i heard its 30th oct..

Comment

is there anyone there who did pre reg in Tesco.... could u pls share experience...

Comment

Originally posted by ramroum
                Some community phs pay slightly more than 18k for their prereg, hospitals pay 20k.
                £20k? Thats news to me! although i suppose pay in london is probably over that figure if thats where you mean.

The working life is making me realise what an ass tax is. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by alex
                  £20k? Thats news to me! although i suppose pay in london is probably over that figure if thats where you mean.

The working life is making me realise what an ass tax is. :-(
                  I thought that was about the starting salary for a newely qualified pharmacist - not a pre-reg??? Are you sure about that?
                  Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                  Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

As far as I'm aware hosp pre-regs are now on 17-18K depending on region.

Comment

Originally posted by N.T
                      Ok fair enough - it was is a while since I applied!
                      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Standard hospital pre-reg pay for my years intake (from around july 06-ish) is stated as being £18,300, which is around about what i get. the pharmalife website said london pay can be as much as £3k more

The offer I got from Boots offered £16k, thoguh a summer student told me that they're upping it to £17k from next year.

I think lloyds pay slightly less than boots, and the Co-op pay best of all. Not sure about places like Tesco/Tims+Parker though.

Comment

I was told in a prereg interview for a small community chain that they pay 18 k something(Ididn't get the exact something), and this is not in London. For hospitals, a pharmacist came to university and told us it is 20k for 07-08 but I am not sure if it is for London or??,
                          I've got my prereg placement at a hospital. I am wondering if I have to resit any subject at university, what would happen to my prereg place, would the hospital let me start after resitting in Sep and passing,or what happens please if they refuse, do I have to reapply !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X