Clear All

• Strip cutting

Hi I'm bored let's start a brawl!

You get an Rx for:

Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg 30 tabs 1 od
    Furosemide 20mg 28 tabs 1 od
    Atenolol 25mg 30 tabs 1 od

What do you give?

28 of everything because it makes more sense and let's face it a Dr rarely thinks about Rxs when he/she writes it.

30 Bendro, 28 Furosemide and 28 Atenolol because Atenolol is a calendar pack. Why? What makes Atenolol different to Bendrio?

30 Bendro, 28 Furosemide and 30 Atenolol because that is what the Rx said when it was written by God himself and brought down by Moses from Mount Ararat.

I won't even start on what you'd put if you got an Rx for:

Simvastatin 20mg 1 om!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Duh!

Off course this would call for a MUR consultation, in order to work out with the patient the optimum number of tablets of each of the 3 items. However, as we can't alter what God writes, we would then need to send a nicely worded suggestion to God.
    This would be applauded by head office, as it is another ??£ (cant remember the figure)
    It would be ranted at by the other customers who have to wait 15 minutes for their scripts because you are in a consultation with Mrs Jones.
    And the paper recommendation would be buried at the GP surgery, under reams of more important reading material.
    Why did you ask such an obvious question???

Comment

The fun starts when you've also got 28 mirtazapine orodispersible tabs and 28 sandocal-400 tabs on the script...
      Personally, I've taken more and more to amending the script myself and sending it back to the surgery with a polite Post-it saying "Please initial our amendment", in particular whenI get scripts for dressings in quantities of less than one box, when I can't claim Broken Bulk and I know I'll never shift the rest of the box; I recently had my first script in Yonks for Release drsgs 10x10cm: 3 dresssings! And they would want me to order in a box of 100, just to supply 3?!? Same goes for insulins: holidaymakers run out, go to the local surgery here who duly prescribe a single pen of novorapid, or a single mixtard innolet: what the Dickens am I supposed to do with the other 4 in the box?
      Or the remaining 190 softclix lancets, becouse some woman from Stoke-on-Trent only got 10 prescribed? AAARRGGG!!!!!
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

No you've missed the point!

You're meant to say that of course we'd give the exact quantities that's written on the script and then i get to jump up and down and throw things at you for being spineless!

Humph! Can't even start a good argument anymore! I'm going for a sulk!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Oi!!! The last person who called me spineless has been eating through a straw for the last six weeks!!!

Comment

Sorry Zogs!

I guess you get lots of time to build muscles while your support staff do everything for you!
            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

It's called "The Art of Successful Delegation"...

Comment

Err I hardly dare say it, but we usually give the exact quantities on the script.
                Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                  Err I hardly dare say it, but we usually give the exact quantities on the script.
                  There's always the one, isn't there!?

Comment

Originally posted by admin

And you had a go at me for saying "Sorry to bother you Dr"?

Shame on you!
                    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hi ya all

Not a religious fanatic or anything but as a christian it would be great if god and not God is used for our Dr. friends .....its all about respect

So lets start with gods that refuse to see things from our point of view...
                      Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Sorry meant no disrespect. Was just being facetious in that some pharmacists seem to think that Rxs are delivered direct from the lord almighty and must not be questioned.
                        Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
                          Sorry meant no disrespect. Was just being facetious in that some pharmacists seem to think that Rxs are delivered direct from the lord almighty and must not be questioned.
                          I'm not like that! And I never ever say "sorry to bother you" god, God , Dr or whatever!

I think it's just the sheer volume some of the places I work in have to do, that makes it just simple if you just give what the script says. I only ring up the surgery if there's a real problem. If I tried to get a quantity changed on the computer, it would just take up so much time it's easier just to give the silly amounts out.
                          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Wuss!

I trear Rxs as guidelines to be followed if I agree with them. So they all get 28 packs and bugger em!
                            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
                              Wuss!

I trear Rxs as guidelines to be followed if I agree with them. So they all get 28 packs and bugger em!
                              Except if they want seroxat, tamsulosin, fluoxetin,alfacalcidol, amaryl, glucobay, heminevrin, zispin, xatral, cetirizine, natrilix SR, buspar,...
                              Why O why can't the pharma. industry make its mind up about how long a month is?

Comment

Working...
                              X