Relief Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief Manager

I have for you a new plea... What are your thoughts on a relief manager position?

Originally posted by iza
    I have for you a new plea... What are your thoughts on a relief manager position?
    I started off doing that job. I'd say it's a good start, as you get to go round lots of pharmacies, and see the best bits of them all. It also gives you confidence if you ever want to be a locum, because it is really the same as being one.

If I had the choice of being in one store, or a relief manager at your stage, then I'd be the relief manager.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

could you say?

Actually, I don't know what is "relief manager". Could you please tell me?
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pari
        Actually, I don't know what is "relief manager". Could you please tell me?
        Thank you.
        Hi Pari

A relief manager works at the store when the regular pharmacist is on holiday, off ill etc. When they are there, they do all the duties a regular pharmacist does, and maybe some management things as well.

So your working week consists of travelling around, to cover people at lots of different shops. This gives you some good experience, as you get to see the way a lot of pharmacists run their store.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

The only thing I'd say about being a relief manager is that you've got all the hassle of being a locum and not knowing what went on the day before but you're also responsible for being the manager.
          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
          pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
          eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
          X