X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacists and the future

Hi folks

Do pharmacists have a future?
    I am not narrow minded neither am I a one -way thinker but I believe remote supervision would be the breaking and not the making of p'cists.
    P'cists should be allowed to delegate but I do not feel that they should remotely supervise more than one shop.
    In the initial consultation document put together by the DOH (Dept of Health) it was asked whether accredited pharmacy staff or nurses could be allowed to remotely supervise a pharmacy...if you don't believe me check out the website and look under pharmacy in the future and skill-mix.once we are allowed to remotely supervise,Hewitts next step 2 or 3 years down the line would be to push us out of the way and get others to do it.This govt is trying to water down the professions,its not just p'cists,its doctors,nurses,teachers lawyers...they all have assistants who can shadow them and do what they do// My question.....the PharmSoc (we pay them annually) knew about this documnet and did not bother consulting its members, afterall they are supposed to be acting in our best interests,our views on remote supervision were not sought......on the back of this... should those of us who do not support remote supervision set up a poll asking members to express their views?
    Joy Wingfield,the PDA ,a certain baroness are all against remote supervision not because p'cists will lose jobs but because patient safety will be compromised....let me know what your views are..and if you feel that its worth petitioning against remote spervision ...lets go for it and be heard loud and clear...if we don't want it to happen we need to be heard.Don't get me wrong the supervision law (Med Act 1954) definitely needs to be relaxed , you can't even go to the loo at the moment,but remote supervision is definitely a step too far in my opinion.
    Last edited by kemzero; 27, June 2006, 10:55 PM.
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Originally posted by kemzero
    Joy Wingfield,the PDA ,a certain baroness are all against remote supervision not because p'cists will lose jobs but because patient safety will be compromised....let me know what your views are..and if you feel that its worth petitioning against remote spervision ...lets go for it and be heard loud and clear...if we don't want it to happen we need to be heard.Don't get me wrong the supervision law (Med Act 1954) definitely needs to be relaxed , you can't even go to the loo at the moment,but remote supervision is definitely a step too far in my opinion.

I'm all for campaigning. In my view the majority of this profession would let Lambeth and Westminster crap all over us as long as they don't hav eto stand up and do anything about it.

Come on people prove me wrong!

If you want to keep your jobs and your profession it's time we did something about it. Or we could do nothing and hand our jobs to the ACTs in a few years.
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

That's the spirit Linnear , you see PCT p'cists aren't that bad after all...

Comment

That's the spirit Linnear , you see PCT p'cists aren't that bad after all...

Awwwwwwwww! Now you've spoilt my revolutionary feelings!

My missus always says that I'm revolting!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hi folks

Do pharmacists have a future?
          I am not narrow minded neither am I a one -way thinker but I believe remote supervision would be the breaking and not the making of p'cists.
          P'cists should be allowed to delegate but I do not feel that they should remotely supervise more than one shop.
          In the initial consultation document put together by the DOH (Dept of Health) it was asked whether accredited pharmacy staff or nurses could be allowed to remotely supervise a pharmacy...if you don't believe me check out the website and look under pharmacy in the future and skill-mix.once we are allowed to remotely supervise,Hewitts next step 2 or 3 years down the line would be to push us out of the way and get others to do it.This govt is trying to water down the professions,its not just p'cists,its doctors,nurses,teachers lawyers...they all have assistants who can shadow them and do what they do// My question.....the PharmSoc (we pay them annually) knew about this documnet and did not bother consulting its members, afterall they are supposed to be acting in our best interests,our views on remote supervision were not sought......on the back of this... should those of us who do not support remote supervision set up a poll asking members to express their views?
          Kemzero

Of course if they let nurses etc do our job it won't be done properly, but do you think they really care? They just take out insurance for mistakes etc

Your question about the Pharm Soc misses the point about what they are here for. Yes we do pay them anually, but they are just here to police us. They don't actually do anything for us do they?

The PDA (yes I am a member) are the only people who are on our side. As for getting petitions etc, forget it. Most pharmacists are too weak/scared/wimpy - call it whatever - to even sign one!
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
            Kemzero

The PDA (yes I am a member) are the only people who are on our side. As for getting petitions etc, forget it. Most pharmacists are too weak/scared/wimpy - call it whatever - to even sign one!
            you are absolutely right Admin... pharmacists are too weak/scared and wimpy ....a new course for pharmacy undergraduates should be developed to address this endemic problem

...only 2 p'cists have supported this motion so far!
            Are my ideas too archiac or is it a case of not caring! maybe you are right admin...I'll forget it

Comment

you are absolutely right Admin... pharmacists are too weak/scared and wimpy ....a new course for pharmacy undergraduates should be developed to address this endemic problem

...only 2 p'cists have supported this motion so far!
              Are my ideas too archiac or is it a case of not caring! maybe you are right admin...I'll forget it
              There's nothing wrong with your ideas, and I'm not having a go at you, honestly. I am just being realistic. What is needed to do anything is strength, and that comes from power, and that we just don't have.
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

How would the course be altered?

Teaching modules on unarmed combat or how about pipe bombs! Sign me up!

I really can't see what we can do. We have been sh*t on from a great height by the govt, the society, PSNC, PPA. Still no-one does anything and some pratt from Lambeth will say it increases our professional standing.
                Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

How would the course be altered?

Teaching modules on unarmed combat or how about pipe bombs! Sign me up!
                  Well I think it could be a nice little retirement job for Zidane! If I could stick a butt on someone that hard and that quick I'd be scared of nobody! A talent like that deserves to be shared.

Comment

Well I think it could be a nice little retirement job for Zidane! If I could stick a butt on someone that hard and that quick I'd be scared of nobody! A talent like that deserves to be shared.

Zidane was provoked, apparently the Italian said something about his mother!

Wonder if it was something to do with her being a hamster and his father smelling of eldberries?
                    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

The TV said this morning that he called his mother some very nasty names, and she'd been taken into hospital that very day. By the time I got home from work, the list of what the guy had said seemed to have grown! I'm sure he didn't have time to say all the things they reported he did. I wonder if they could get a lip reader to translate it? That would be good.

Comment

The TV said this morning that he called his mother some very nasty names, and she'd been taken into hospital that very day. By the time I got home from work, the list of what the guy had said seemed to have grown! I'm sure he didn't have time to say all the things they reported he did. I wonder if they could get a lip reader to translate it? That would be good.

Apparently, on Monday, it was impossible to find an Italian lip reader anywhere. All the papers etc. had hired them all.

Good head butt though!
                        Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
                          Apparently, on Monday, it was impossible to find an Italian lip reader anywhere. All the papers etc. had hired them all.

Good head butt though!
                          Is that a joke about the lip readers? Did the papers really hire them all?

Comment

Is that a joke about the lip readers? Did the papers really hire them all?
                            It was told as a serious fact on our local radio but they may have been joking.
                            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I think it's quite possibly true, giving his status in the sports world. We were all dying to know what the guy was supposed to have said to upset him so much, weren't we!

OK well I was........................and it was a peach...........and I know...............I'm awful.........

Comment

Working...
                              X