Working with Covid19 in Pharmacy This winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Covid19 in Pharmacy This winter

All pharmacists have dealt admirably with the covid19 pandemic. Barriers of 2 metres from dispensary have been set up. Hand gel has been provided at entry for customers. A 2 metre rule has been established for customers and staff. Masks for staff, customers and delivery personnel are mandatory. Regular hand washing in dispensary. Doors have been left open to avoid customer contamination and allow ventilation of the pharmacy. One way systems with only two customers at a time allowed in shop. And then comes winter. If doors are closed due to the cold contamination between customers will occur unless door contact points cleaned between each customer. Covid19 could accumulate in the pharmacy and dispensary if doors are closed and ventilation poor. Many customers claim exemption from masks and if they cough or sneeze virus could build up over the 8 or 9 hours the pharmacy is open. Pharmacy Staff and customers maybe put at risk. My question should we keep all doors open no matter how cold during the winter or should we take the risk. Close doors, keep warm but increase the risk of disease for staff and customers? The law prescribes a certain temperature but with covid19 these are not normal times and the law was not formulated with the thought of a deadly virus in mind. Please comment on this as many pharmacists may be worried about ventilation of their pharmacies this winter and concerned about the risk to customers and staff of closing the doors.
    Last edited by Gordon Mackenzie; 16, September 2020, 10:30 PM.

It used to be the custom set up by Findlays the tobacconist to always keep the door open. The revolving door was invented to solve the problem.
    Air curtains are the modern answer. Should pose no problem to install
    johnep

Comment

Automatic doors are the modern answer. Air curtains are expensive to run are are very high on the destroys the planet index.
      [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

I have to agree, but installation costs?
        johnep

Comment

Working...
        X