Pharmacy set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy set up

Hi. i am wanting to start my own pharmacy but will need some guidance in terms of ordering stock and how to approach manufacturers and everything else to do with stock.

trust you have suitable premises and also will get a contract.?
    In the old days, wholesalers would give three months credit. Will now want cash up front. So trust you have sufficient funds.
    Search the net for suggested initial stocks.
    Good luck, you will need it!
    johnep

Comment

Pharmacy contractors are currently paying the NHS for the pleasure of dispensing medicines to the public. Additionally with the way the funding model works you'd be jumping into a situation where you'd have the honor of paying back the "Covid loan".

Unless you really know what you're doing (and no offence, it doesn't sound like it) stay well away from becoming a pharmacy contractor. Do you even have an area in mind with a gap in the PNA?
      I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

What I forgot was that there are consultants who will give you guidance (For a fee).
        You cannot expect to have complete advice for free!
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
          Pharmacy contractors are currently paying the NHS for the pleasure of dispensing medicines to the public. Additionally with the way the funding model works you'd be jumping into a situation where you'd have the honor of paying back the "Covid loan".

Unless you really know what you're doing (and no offence, it doesn't sound like it) stay well away from becoming a pharmacy contractor. Do you even have an area in mind with a gap in the PNA?
          +++1 There's much more pleasurable ways of bringing yourself financial ruin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post

+++1 There's much more pleasurable ways of bringing yourself financial ruin.
            Like taking a large stack of bills and burning it? Probably be cheaper too.
            I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrec View Post

Like taking a large stack of bills and burning it? Probably be cheaper too.
              Come on, use some imagination: The sport of Kings and the other sport of Kings. (i.e fast horses and even faster women). Then there's cars and rare vintages. After that, the rest you can just squander.

Comment

We can understand - from the outside pharmacy must look like a way of making a good living.
                Look at the drug tariff - everything is priced in pennies because that's what we fight over.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                X