Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High number of community pharmacy vacancies advertised?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High number of community pharmacy vacancies advertised?

I was looking at the C&D and I was surprised by the high number of vacancies being advertised by multiples and independents. I was thinking what could be the driving factor for this? Those are the following reasons I think could be responsible for this:
    1. Retirement
    2. People quitting due to burn out reason
    3. Pharmacists moving into primary care
    4. EU pharmacists leaving UK due to uncertainty and economically unfavourable terms
    5. Leaving the profession by UK Pharmacists.

I would be interested to hear what others think.

Absolutely Correct.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by jzd4rma View Post
      I was looking at the C&D and I was surprised by the high number of vacancies being advertised by multiples and independents. I was thinking what could be the driving factor for this? Those are the following reasons I think could be responsible for this:
      1. Retirement
      4. EU pharmacists leaving UK due to uncertainty and economically unfavourable terms

I suspect it's the move to primary care.

I have seen so many primary care jobs advertised on NHS jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by jzd4rma View Post
        1. Retirement

I agree with all of that. I come under No.3 on that list. Currently there are lots of jobs available on NHS jobs, a lot of them are PCN roles but require the applying pharmacist to preferably have a prescribing qualification. Community pharmacy in my opinion is a sinking ship, recently I had read that the government had pledged more money to the NHS but community pharmacy wasn't even mentioned so it doesn't look like they will be seeing a slice of that pie. There probably will be more closures and more emphasis on bringing money in via services, like that Boots/Lloyds £25 new healthcare service where they check BP + Cholesterol. Pharmacists are better off retraining or moving into other areas.

Comment

Working...
        X