Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indemnity Insurance through the NPA - Beware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indemnity Insurance through the NPA - Beware?

So I've been trying to get a reasonable indemnity provider for the PCN role I'm involved in.

Looked at the NPA cover for primary care pharmacist. Reasonably priced I thought.

Then I looked at the cover wordings...
    https://www.npa.co.uk/wp-content/upl...-IPID-0319.pdf

What is not insured?
    Liability caused by fraudulent, dishonest or deliberate act, error or omission​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Isn't errors or omissions the reason why we need indemnity in the first place..?

How does the price compare with the PDA?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Circa 500 with the PDA, but I can't go for it given the descriptions as I'll need to have 1 year primary care experience before accessing the extension I need.

NPA is a bit more vague. But it's been quoted as £200ish on the website..

The same cover wordings as above are used for community pharmacist/locums as well. Surely if that's the way why would you want to go for their indemnity at all?

Comment

Liability caused by fraudulent, dishonest or deliberate act, error or omission

Does this mean if the act, error or omission is fradulent, dishonest or deliberate?
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
          Liability caused by fraudulent, dishonest or deliberate act, error or omission

Does this mean if the act, error or omission is fradulent, dishonest or deliberate?
          Yes. If you deliberately make an error in what you supply, for whatever reason, then the insurance doesn’t cover you. If it is a genuine error then you are covered. That is why you pay for insurance.

Comment

NPA is mainly for Pharmacy owners. I would tend to go with PDA. Cost is tax deductible.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
              NPA is mainly for Pharmacy owners. I would tend to go with PDA. Cost is tax deductible.
              johnep
              +++1 Why subsidise the gaffers' union ?

Comment

+1 PDA I have been on the receiving end of their defence services.

Comment

Working...
                X