Doctors' Pensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors' Pensions

When we see how well doctors earning over £110,000 are treated with regard to their pensions pharmacists must look on in disbelief. We turn out millions of NHS prescriptions from hundreds of doctors but many pharmacists have no pension and certainly could never afford to put £10,000 a year into a pension pot, especially since pharmacists' income is often considerably lower now than it was twenty years ago:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tax-bills.html

The two professions can't really be compared in this way.
    Which one is essential - not pharmacy.
    Agree that pharmacist pensions capabilities will lead to a miserable old age - if you live that long.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Yes. Most community pharmacists will be long dead before they need to worry about a pension. Sell the house and downsize and enjoy the money and then die.

Comment

Absolutely, I have downsized twice and this has given us far more than I ever owned from working. Most millionaires are property developers/
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Absolutely, I have downsized twice and this has given us far more than I ever owned from working. Most millionaires are property developers/
          johnep
          That's one of this country's problems. Property developing and other shufflings of paper, especially in banks, is the way to make money in this country, and to achieve public admiration. Look at people like Rees-Mogg and the other funders of the Tory party.

Comment

Yes, in the 80s, I met a pharmacist who cashed in on rising property values by buying previous independent pharmacies and running them for a few months, then selling to a multiple. I had first noticed his expensive sports car parked outside.
            johnep

Comment

Working...
            X