Diluent Directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diluent Directory?

It's a bit of a long shot. But I was wondering if there are any Diluent Directory textbooks still in circulation? I have contacted the NPA and they said they have been discontinued for quite some time. Would be useful to have for a project I'm working on. Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Solid, Liquid, Oily emulsion or aqueous emulsion? you should give an indication of what type of product.
    johnep

Comment

Semi-solid dosage forms is what I'm after.

Comment

OK, what I would call a paste. Is this for oral or external use? We cannot help unless you give us some idea of what you wish to proce. Pastes could be for oral use like tooth paste, vaginal or rectal or could be applied to ulcers like Lassars Paste.
        johnep

Comment

External use. There are 10's of products I'm looking to investigate mixing several diluents with and the safety data surrounding them. I was told the Diluent Directory would be the best bet so I was wondering if there were any in circulation.

Comment

At last, we now know what you have in mind.Standard diluent for skin preps is a suitable grade of WSP. If you want it to be stiff ,then add in some paraffin wax.

https://www.npa.co.uk/information-an...ent-directory/

johnep

Comment

Yes thank you I am aware of that. However, different API's have various suitable/unsuitable diluents, hence why I wanted the directory to provide some more extensive data.

Comment

In that case contact the Pharmaceutical Library or the British Library.
                API ?
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  In that case contact the Pharmaceutical Library or the British Library.
                  API ?
                  johnep
                  Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient

Comment

Working...
                  X