Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locum and flu Vacc

Hi everyone,
    Is it reasonable to ask for an extra payment to administer flu jabs ? I locum for an independent on a weekend and the rate isn't that great. The manager wants me to do the jabs.

Any advice?
    Thanks

​​

You can ask and see what they say. I think locums are expected to do the services as part of the job without increased payment. At one of the multiples, if you do the flu jab then you get the enhanced hourly rate.

Comment

Main problem this year likely to be shortage of Epipens that should be on hand in case needed.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by bajangal View Post
        I think locums are expected to do the services as part of the job without increased payment.
        Bingo!

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Main problem this year likely to be shortage of Epipens that should be on hand in case needed.
          johnep
          Very true.

Thanks

Comment

from what I have seen in the areas I locum at, Flu and Epipen are the major parenteral drug shortages

Comment

Originally posted by Modus_Operandi View Post
              from what I have seen in the areas I locum at, Flu and Epipen are the major parenteral drug shortages
              A case of "Failing to plan is planning to fail"?

You get called out as not being 'on board' if you point out points of failure in a system that relies on everything being perfect.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
              X