No announcement yet.

Advise on indeminity insurance to work ina GP practice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advise on indeminity insurance to work ina GP practice

    Hi all, I'm just about to start a new role as a clinical pharmacist based in a GP practice, as part of the NHS pathway, eventually will undertake NMP training.

    Anybody has any advise on what insurance would be best? I've always been with the PDA when working as a community pharmacist, but the price goes up to nearly 1000 pounds for practice pharmacists, anybody uses other providers and what's your experience with them?

    Thanks a lot

  • #2
    I’ve stuck with the PDA as it was cheaper then the alternative our GPs use and they know pharmacists. My employer pays and I don’t think you should pay this cost yourself. Having said that, if you’re feeling hard done to, don’t forget it costs the GPs about £600 per month for theirs.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.