tax return and reimbursements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax return and reimbursements

hi everyone and happy new year. i am about to file in my first tax return as i am self-employed. i just wanted to know what one can claim back as expenses on reimbursements eg. travel expenses as i dont have a car yet, b&b, subsistence, and any other stuff i can claim for can be suggested also thanks.

also for the subsistence, if claimable, since i dont really have receipts for meals is there a reasonable amount i could charge per day while away that would be reasonable so as not to encourage any enquiry from hmrc. thanks!

Re: tax return and reimbursements

have a look at this thread
    http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/you-...ainst-tax.html
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

When working as a rep the co told us that the IR had said that meal allowances should be taxable. However, on questioning they admitted that IR staff had a lunch allowance and our excellent management said that is what they would allow us. Much more than what we had been claiming until then.

Remember MPs can claim 50p a mile but only allow us to claim 40p.
      johnep

Comment

Anyone needing tax advice needs Abdul - he's great.

M Abdul Ghani
        Chartered Tax Adviser
        Principal

Shipleys Tax Consulting
        Email [email protected]
        Tel +44 (0)114 243 6566
        Fax +44 (0)114 249 9183

shipleys tax

Mention the forum and he even gives you a discount.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
        X