Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-reg...not very flexible :S

Dear All,

I am looking for a pre-registration, whether hospital or community starting in October / November 2009.
    I have called many different pharmacies and they all seem to be recruiting from July/august.
    The reason I am looking for something later than that is that i am a final year PhD student and would not be finishing before the end of October.
    Please Help!! where should i look?
    Thanks in advance

Re: Pre-reg...not very flexible :S

ring independent pharmacies in your area.
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

thts what i am doing...u'll be amazed that they are put off when u tell them i wanna start later than july :S

Comment

Mainly because they are looking for someone to cover holidays for them.
        johnep

Comment

In the old days you could do 6 months in retail or hospital, and six months somewhere else. Is that still applicable? Is there any way, I'm thinking, that you could use 6 months of it to finish with your PhD?

Not likely, but thought it was worth suggesting...
          ....just my opinion

Comment

currently you can do 4 weeks cross-sectional placement, it is optional for hospital and community pre-regs. you also have the option to do a split 6 months hospital and 6 months industrial, your PHD might help you to get into industry, but trust me it is really hard and i believe the majority of industrial pre-reg placements have been taken.
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
              but trust me it is really hard and i believe the majority of industrial pre-reg placements have been taken.
              I thought that some kind-hearted industrailist - how old-fashioned am I?- might let Yassine do the 6months in industry finishing his PhD in return for some work during and afterwards which, who knows, might be just up Yassine's street.
              ....just my opinion

Comment

hey, i keep on getting e-mails from the school of pharmacy about pre-reg placments, maybe you could try to contact any of the pharmacies.

check the attached file abput angel pharmacy

i will post here some more pharmacies looking for pre-reg;

ear all
                I have been notified of the following community pharmacy pre-reg vacancy (send your CV either by mail or e-mail):

V Morjaria
                Tudor Pharmacy
                3 Tudor Parade
                Berry lane
                Rickmansworth
                Herts WD3 4DF
                01923 773190
                e-mail [email protected]
                Start date; July/August

I work for a company called Salram Ltd trading as A2b Pharmacy, and would be very grateful if you could circulate the attached letter to your 3rd/4th year pharmacy students, concerning pre-registration placements with our company.

Please can you send me an acknowledgement e-mail.

Kind regards

Anna Marsh
                [/COLOR]

Comment

can you see the attached files? because i can not...... anyways look ring the pharmacies and check 1st if they are still advertising for pre-reg
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Apply through the NPA service. They are very good, although most employers (as has already been said) prefer continuity and so they will be looking for a prereg to maintain the current staffing levels.

Comment

Working...
                    X