Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS mail

Hi..
    Can someone explain NHS mail..as I am getting confusing messages from the local It Dept..I have started working as a Pharmacy manager covering for maternity leave and do not have a personal nhs e mail acct.( due to being a locum and relief)..The branch has a shared nhs mail acct with only 2 people ( so there is one space left!!!) Am I right in thinking the only way to access the shared nhs mail is to first get a personal one then somehow be linked to the shared one..I seem to be having problems getting a personal nhs mail account..Also what is the personal nhs email acct for??

The personal email accounts are so that other members of staff can access nhs email when you are off sick, holiday, days/hours off. The nhs doesn't do a retail with ten people sharing the same login with Password1. It's not a done thing.

It is for accessing NUMSAS and other things. With the NHS outlawing fax machine ordering of prescriptions in every CCG a possible work around is NHS emailing the requests or using systems that use an nhs email.

Comment

Does this mean that GPs can no longer fax scripts?
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Does this mean that GPs can no longer fax scripts?
        johnep
        Yup. Well for NHS work. Strictly speaking the prohibition wouldn't apply to a private faxed script, I would have thought pushdr would be the most likely in that realm.

There are a tiny number of fax obssessed surgeries that have tried faxing scripts though!

Comment

Working...
        X