Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCG pharmacist interview questions?

Afternoon all-

I am after a bit of help/advice. I am currently a hospital pharmacist and have an interview this week for a CCG pharmacy role.

Has anyone attended an interview for this type of role before, and if so what were the types of questions asked? I have been told that duties will mainly be focusing on guidelines and formulary.

Any hints/tips would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

P

As usual, question asked before. search the forum using the search box,
    johnep

Comment

i did try to search however nothing came up

Comment

Originally posted by PharmIsee View Post
        i did try to search however nothing came up
        Look at formulary and guideline development.
        The CCG will have a formulary in mind I expect, or have one that needs periodic revision.
        Guidelines ... which ones?

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/mpg1

47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Most interviews are done on competency based techniques. Learn the STAR approach and rehearse your answers.
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Formulary knowledge is essential. Alongside this make sure you know the purpose and structure of the ccg. A lot of responsibilities went across to public health so know the local priorities.
            I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

From a brief read around the topic ... as it grabbed my interest most of the job might be working with one group or another or a group of groups.
              Presentation and communication skills.
              See what is on youtube and see if you can adapt something to suit your style.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Hmmm...well, you could be absolutely clear that you have zero understanding of community pharmacy funding and that you're extremely keen to help the CCG meet their prescribing budgets by changing every possible medication to branded generics, thereby hastening the decline of the local independent pharmacies!

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical...035359.article

On a serious note, good luck with the interview.

Comment

The poster claimed the had searched the forum and found nothing. When at uni were taught how to search the library.
                  This found in two seconds:

https://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/for...new-beginnings

johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    The poster claimed the had searched the forum and found nothing. When at uni were taught how to search the library.
                    This found in two seconds:

https://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/for...new-beginnings

johnep
                    To be fair, Johnep, that link wasn’t THAT relevant. Referred to practice pharmacists, not CCG ones. The interview will, though, presumably include reference to practice pharmacy work. Might, I suppose, include something about writing job descriptions for such or other aspects of recruiting ...... sitting in on GP’s interviews of pharmacists perhaps. Explaining the possibilitties etc to GP’s, and/or facilitating IP courses. I would have thought most areas had formularies by now, so it’s a question of updating, not creating.

Of course If I, as someone long retired could think of those links in a few minutes..........

Agree with Locum X about making sure that one has at least a basic understanding of, if not familiarity with, the Community Pharmacy Contract. And I agree with their second point, too!

Let us know what happens, to pick up on Johnep’s thought.

Comment

Why leave hospital? Big mistake.

Comment

Hi, I don't know if this will help, recently I did an interview for a position as medicines optimisation pharmacist, but it was for banking staff, so the interview wasn't that exhaustive, it lasted about 15 minutes (if so).
                        The interviewers were people from a CCG, and apart from some general questions (why do you want to do this job, why would you be good at it...) they asked if there was a measure to take that a practice wasn't happy about how would I go about that. My answer was that I would try to get as much information as possible about the measure and understand the reasons behind it so I could be honest about it to the GPs, as I think that's the best way to "sell" something. Obviously I guess they were thinking on prescribing cuts and stuff like that.

I think they also asked about relations with other professionals, I work in community at the moment so I just explained how I'm normally in touch with hospitals, surgeries, care teams, to prove that I'm aware of the need to coordinate different people for example when a patient is discharged from hospital.

Comment

Working...
                        X