Non pharmacist Pharmacy manager interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non pharmacist Pharmacy manager interview

I have an interview with Juno health pharmacy this week as a non pharmacist pharmacy manager and I have no idea what sort of questions they are going to ask me as its my first interview for a managers position. Has anyone got any tips or advice for me that would help me or questions they may ask? It would be much appreciated!
    xx

A regular question, search forum using search box.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by helensafc1994 View Post
      I have an interview with Juno health pharmacy this week as a non pharmacist pharmacy manager and I have no idea what sort of questions they are going to ask me as its my first interview for a managers position. Has anyone got any tips or advice for me that would help me or questions they may ask? It would be much appreciated!
      xx
      i find it interesting that you should be going for a position as a Pharmacy manager and not even know the sort of questions to expect. Perhaps you might consider going for a position of which you have more knowledge.

Comment

They prefer a non pharmacist manager as they dont have critical reflection thinking skills and say yes to everything without questioning it because they simply don't know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Primrose View Post
          They prefer a non pharmacist manager as they dont have critical reflection thinking skills and say yes to everything without questioning it because they simply don't know any better.
          A bit harsh but in some cases it seems the reality.
          FWIW I would look to be a non-pharmacist manager anywhere but pharmacy.
          Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
          Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
          If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I have seen non pharmacist managers in action. One got a bag of meds including CDs delivered from another branch for me as RP to hand out in her brqnch because the patient happened to be shopping in our area and did not want to drive to their original branch I demanded to see the original Rx Im not giving drugs out blindly she got so irrate thinking im being awkward when Im simply doing things legally. They have not a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Primrose View Post
              I have seen non pharmacist managers in action. One got a bag of meds including CDs delivered from another branch for me as RP to hand out in her brqnch because the patient happened to be shopping in our area and did not want to drive to their original branch I demanded to see the original Rx Im not giving drugs out blindly she got so irrate thinking im being awkward when Im simply doing things legally. They have not a clue.
              A reasonable request I think.
              The manager could have requested that the source branch fax the script over so that it could be done according to process.
              And then learned something from this about medication.

... Anyone outside of the dispensary seems to think medicines are just like anything else for sale.
              Until something goes wrong ....
              Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
              Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
              If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I suppose one question that our poster ought to be asked is ‘do you understand the consequences for the Responsible Pharmacist of breaches of the regulations?'

Comment

Originally posted by Merlyn View Post
                  I suppose one question that our poster ought to be asked is ‘do you understand the consequences for the Responsible Pharmacist of breaches of the regulations?'
                  ... and do you know any good tricks to work round them.

Comment

Surely part of the preparation for any interview is an examination of the personal specification and the job description? Start with those and look up everything that you are unsure of.

Just noticed your username. I guess that I should offer commiserations but it might be better to wait until teatime tomorrow. I’m guessing that you were either born in 1994 or you are a Peter Reid fan. In the meantime here’s a little ditty for you to muse on. My edited version!

"Oh I could fly without wings,
                    on the back of Reidy's kings,
                    at three o'clock I'm as happy as can be.
                    'Cos the bad times they are here
                    and League 1 is near,
                    so watch out World as all of Roker sings.

Cheer up Peter Reid,
                    oh what can it mean,
                    to a Sunderland supporter,
                    to be bottom of the league?

We once thought of you,
                    as a Scouser dressed in blue,
                    now you're red and white through and through.
                    We've all dreamt of the day,
                    when a saviour would come our way
                    and now we know our dreams are fading fast”

Comment

I wonder if Helen passed her interview and was offered her non pharmacist manager position!

Comment

Working...
                      X