X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2017 pharmacy salary and satisfaction survey

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.c...ical%20Journal

56% considered leaving the profession last year

56% considered leaving did any leave? Would be good to show the percentage leavers.

Comment

Originally posted by Primrose View Post
      56% considered leaving did any leave? Would be good to show the percentage leavers.
      That would be very interesting. I've never seen data related to this before.

Comment

The 56% who consider leaving are probably in the same imaginary space as the 3000 pharmacies that are going to close.

Comment

But seriously Mutley pharmacist wages are less now than they were 20 to 25 years ago. Workload has increased hugely in the meantime and conditions worsen by the year. Surely there is a lower limit at which pharmacists will no longer be prepared to do the job?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Mackenzie View Post
            But seriously Mutley pharmacist wages are less now than they were 20 to 25 years ago. Workload has increased hugely in the meantime and conditions worsen by the year. Surely there is a lower limit at which pharmacists will no longer be prepared to do the job?
            Well those in the NHS are going to get nice pay rises over the next three years. In my own case my pay will go up by 25% over three years and I will be on £30,000 per year at the top of Band 5. I would think that the increase in wages would act as a pull factor into the NHS and a corresponding reduction in locums available in community. It might also affect the number of support staff in community who are unlikely to remain there if they can get better wages and conditions in the NHS.

Comment

Working...
            X