Re Pharmacist and Revalidation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Pharmacist and Revalidation

Does anybody know how the Bawa-Garba case will have any implications for pharmacist revalidation that is replacing Cpd entries.Only asking the question from what I can make out is that her reflection recorded in her revalidation was used in her criminal case leading to her being struck off by the Gmc.
    So the doctors are saying will not write anything in their revalidation that may incriminate them in the future if used in a court of law.
    Is this something pharmacists should bear in mind when revalidation is brought in later in the year?

Originally posted by Chemicalboy2 View Post
    Does anybody know how the Bawa-Garba case will have any implications for pharmacist revalidation that is replacing Cpd entries.Only asking the question from what I can make out is that her reflection recorded in her revalidation was used in her criminal case leading to her being struck off by the Gmc.
    So the doctors are saying will not write anything in their revalidation that may incriminate them in the future if used in a court of law.
    Is this something pharmacists should bear in mind when revalidation is brought in later in the year?
    In her case it was not the reflective accounts the got her stripped of her license it was her judgment that a disabled child is worth less effort in caring and looking at his notes than a non disabled. Coukd it be a culture thing? I dont know but as a doctor she failed her duty of care and did not review him or examine him thoroughly as she would a non disabled child.

Comment

This was a theme of a recent episode of Silent Witness.
      johnep

Comment

Working...
      X