Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

Note that new spam coming from USA. Maybe our contact with Pharmacy Alliance has brought us to the notice of USA spamsters.

Be vigilant!
    johnep

Re: Spam

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    Note that new spam coming from USA. Maybe our contact with Pharmacy Alliance has brought us to the notice of USA spamsters.

Be vigilant!
    johnep
    I think that until the moderators get to it and remove it, the best we can do is to reply to the thread with a warning not to buy the stuff advertised. I've done that a couple of times just minutes after the spam has appeared. Surely no-one would bother following up a spammers post if one of us had posted that the stuff is likely rubbish?

What does Elaine think?
    ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
      I think that until the moderators get to it and remove it, the best we can do is to reply to the thread with a warning not to buy the stuff advertised. I've done that a couple of times just minutes after the spam has appeared. Surely no-one would bother following up a spammers post if one of us had posted that the stuff is likely rubbish?

What does Elaine think?
      Well I get a copy of every post and every new member every day.....LOL

It is often quite a lot. As soon as I get the wink that it is either spam, or a known spammers IP I add it to the banned IP list and delete the member. If in doubt just send me an e-mail and I will look into that members activities and delete them if necessary.

Thanks for all the work people do on this to help - I simply could not do it alone.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Curiously, the vast majority of our spam is coming in with Russian IP's, and seldom with site links for advertising. It doesn't appear to be all automated either. If anyone has any thoughts as to why this may be, please post and let us know.

Thanks!

Fleegle.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
          Curiously, the vast majority of our spam is coming in with Russian IP's, and seldom with site links for advertising. If anyone has any thoughts as to why this may be, please post and let us know.

Thanks!

Fleegle.
          What's happened is the server master Keith has put a lot of antispamming software on the server this site is on. This basically means most of the spammers get bounced and I get a rejected e-mail - about 20 or so per day.

It is possible that one or two countries have gotten around this or haven't been caught in traps yet.

What I do know is they do use a lot of bots.
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Be vigilant!
            johnep
            what contact John? did i miss something
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
              what contact John? did i miss something
              May be he is referring to the two new threads on buying cheap generics with a link to the web site. This just before the news hit this morning about how 90-95% of all meds got from the internet are potentially lethal and illegal. It was on GMTV this morning. The is going to be a new TV ad compaign alerting the general public about it.
              Make some one smile today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                Curiously, the vast majority of our spam is coming in with Russian IP's, and seldom with site links for advertising. It doesn't appear to be all automated either. If anyone has any thoughts as to why this may be, please post and let us know.

Thanks!

Fleegle.
                downloaded fonts to read the characters, and pictures, can contain nasty code. Also, they think - with reason, that someone out there will be stupid enough to part with data, money, or identifying info so its a percentage game for them. I got a lot of chinese spam at one time!
                ....just my opinion

Comment

Watched a discovery prog yesterday on Google. had not realised before that the two founders had thought up the idea of searching for the most popular sites by searching for the number of links. More links, more popular and therefore likely to be useful.

This explains why people try to get links onto forums. All an attempt to get higher in google ratings.

johnep

Comment

Watched a discovery prog yesterday on Google. had not realised before that the two founders had thought up the idea of searching for the most popular sites by searching for the number of links. More links, more popular and therefore likely to be useful.
                    also explains webrings, etc, where people do link swaps.

Google scan everything now, but the priority will be affected just as you say.
                    ....just my opinion

Comment

Great News,

I've won the Nigerian Lottery.

Jeff

Comment

Fantastic. How much do you have to pay to get your millions?
                        Make some one smile today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                          Great News,

I've won the Nigerian Lottery.

Jeff

If I could just have your name, address, telephone number and bank account details....?
                          Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

Originally posted by Defblade View Post
                            If I could just have your name, address, telephone number and bank account details....?
                            ...... and would you like some shit-shaped gold jewellry I've just bought at bargain prices?
                            ....just my opinion

Comment

Latest spam 'wow gold' appeared tonight but note registration date was 10th Jan. looks as if spam now being fitted with a time fuse.

johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X