Nurses in community pharmacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mutley View Post

Hadn't been qualified long when I was working at a well known multiple in an equally well known Somerset seaside resort. Young assistant dashed into the dispensary and said "There's a lady in the shop who was prescribed Cascara tablets by the GP. Instead of taking one she took two and needs to go..." "OK" I said "tell her to use the staff loo".

Dashed back a couple of minutes later "She can't move, she's paralysed she needs to go so much."

Customer was provided with a bedpan and told to go into the broom cupboard in order to "bust a dump".

Which she did.

Merciful that a 1) a member of staff had nursing experience 2) there was a bedpan in stock.

If she could move into the broom cupboard could she not have moved a bit further into the staff toilets? Even without access to a bedpan, you could have used your initiative to line a bin with a polythene bag for her use.

Comment

Originally posted by Primrose View Post
      They do the silent meerkat thing. The worrying thing is some of those will go on to be techs on the register. God help us!
      love this description and it is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkybw View Post
        It seems as though the pharmacy forum has reverted to type and the same pathetic inadequates are blaming techs for their own inadequacies. Maybe one day they will grow up and take responsibility for themselves but I guess today is not that day.

It may be that some people are taking advantage of my not posting to show their negative opinions of anyone other than pharmacists, in the hopes of no reprisals. That would be a huge mistake. Just because I’m not posting, it doesn’t mean that I’m not reading this rubbish and prepared to take action when necessary.
        if a tech is not up to standard then people are entitled to say so. Unfortunately not everyone is up to your supposed standard

I find it amusing that you feel that it is your responsibility to patrol this forum!
        you talk of “reprisals”. What would they be exactly?

As for people posting something that you do not like and saying it would be a huge mistake, it is a pity you take this stance as forums are supposed to be places where you can debate or discuss with others in a reasonable way even if you do not agree with their point of view which they are entitled to express within legal guidelines.
        Regards

Comment

The silent meerkat pose often adopted by pharmacy staff these days to avoid supporting a pharmacist in a difficult situation is classified as failure of duty of care. And poor manners really. I expect more.

Comment

Originally posted by Primrose View Post
            The silent meerkat pose often adopted by pharmacy staff these days to avoid supporting a pharmacist in a difficult situation is classified as failure of duty of care. And poor manners really. I expect more.
            Agree in an ideal world. It depends on where I work as to what I expect and what I get. Most places are so busy that doing the minimum for what is considered your own job can be difficult. I have heard some staff imply when a pharmacist could do with support in a situation that pharmacists are paid more and it is them earning that money. A disappointing point of view but not uncommon I suspect.

Comment

Most community techs would jump at the chance to expand their role.
              in my experience most techs just would like adequate time to do their own job well. If everyone is expanding their role who is going to do the dispensing? This is most techs job in community. If they can do that well and support the pharmacist and the business then the day would run as well as it can.

Comment

In the shoe CMK, the toilets were two floors up. We did have an addict who requested use of a toilet. Public ones were 25 yards away so we refused. ( Syringes had been found after one such request). He promptly relieved himself on the floor at the counter. Someone had to mop it up with disinfectant. He was then banned from the premises.
                johnep

Comment

How had someone been able to edit my intial post? Seems a bit misleading. Nurses are cheaper than pharmacists, a very quick search on any online jobs site proves it to be true.

Also, labelling something as ‘bullshit’ doesn’t make it so. Obviously there are lots of generalisations on this thread and it is in relation to community pharmacy. So saying something isn’t true outside of community pharmacy may well be true, but that’s a bit of a moot point.

Comment

Interesting. I thought the tone of some of these posts sounded familiar. It seems strange that someone who apparently only joined the forum in January 2016 can quote my posts from 2010. Especially as I deleted the first 500 of my initial posts a few years ago. I also haven’t worked in an Asda pharmacy for over six years. Or any other community pharmacy for that matter.

why not log in using your original ID so that we know who is speaking, rather than hiding behind a new ID while still saying the same things?
                    Yes Sparky it was me, I hold my hands up, I am Mcitr.

I’ve only one account on this forum and I’m sure Elaine, with the use of IP addresses would be more than happy to confirm this to you and dispel your conspiracy theory. I’ve absolutely no idea who Mcitr is. I seldom visit this site nowadays, I’ve better things to do with my life. I was under the impression you had quit the site completely for about the sixth time but it seems you’ve made a New Years resolution to come back and make a nuisance of yourself. You strike me as a deeply unhappy person Sparky, logging on to take your frustrations out on other people when things in your own life aren’t going well. I haven’t engaged with you in a long time, but as this comment was directed at me I thought I had better clear up any confusion. I won’t, however, be engaging with you ever again, so it’s over and out for me. Enjoy the online arguing .

Comment

Originally posted by culchie82 View Post

Yes Sparky it was me, I hold my hands up, I am Mcitr.

I’ve only one account on this forum and I’m sure Elaine, with the use of IP addresses would be more than happy to confirm this to you and dispel your conspiracy theory. I’ve absolutely no idea who Mcitr is. I seldom visit this site nowadays, I’ve better things to do with my life. I was under the impression you had quit the site completely for about the sixth time but it seems you’ve made a New Years resolution to come back and make a nuisance of yourself. You strike me as a deeply unhappy person Sparky, logging on to take your frustrations out on other people when things in your own life aren’t going well. I haven’t engaged with you in a long time, but as this comment was directed at me I thought I had better clear up any confusion. I won’t, however, be engaging with you ever again, so it’s over and out for me. Enjoy the online arguing .
                      Sorry to disappoint your overweening ego, but my post wasn’t aimed at you, nor did I ever think it was you. I see that you haven’t grown up yet, but heigh ho.

Comment

Working...
                      X