Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for pharmacy following the general election result?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next for pharmacy following the general election result?

After last week's unexpected general election result and with David Mowat now out of the picture, what's next for pharmacy? Is there a chance of a brighter future?

Too early to tell I'd say. It all depends on how well the DUP play ball because I can't see any other major party supporting the continued reduction in NHS spending. On the other side of that I'm not sure what knock effect reducing NHS spending has on the Northern Irish funding model so we've gone from a world of probable future cuts into uncertainty.
    I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

I bet you lot had barely heard of the DUP prior to this election result. I could certainly tell you a thing or two about them, and it wouldn't be terribly flattering to say the least! Put it like this, if the DUP were governing the whole of the UK, creationism would be back on the school curriculum!

Comment

Originally posted by culchie82 View Post
        I bet you lot had barely heard of the DUP prior to this election result. I could certainly tell you a thing or two about them, and it wouldn't be terribly flattering to say the least! Put it like this, if the DUP were governing the whole of the UK, creationism would be back on the school curriculum!
        Far be it from me to defend the DUP but it is worth pointing out that they have been in power for a long time in NI with devolved powers in education and creationism hasn't made it onto the curriculum!
        There has been a lot of comment on their views in what could be termed 'social' areas but no real comment on the important stuff - economics. No hard questions about how money that was used to push a Leave vote on the 'mainland' was channeled through the DUP accounts and no questioning of their role in the 'cash for ash' fiasco that brought down the last Assembly and hasn't been addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by hibernia View Post

Far be it from me to defend the DUP but it is worth pointing out that they have been in power for a long time in NI with devolved powers in education and creationism hasn't made it onto the curriculum!
          There has been a lot of comment on their views in what could be termed 'social' areas but no real comment on the important stuff - economics. No hard questions about how money that was used to push a Leave vote on the 'mainland' was channeled through the DUP accounts and no questioning of their role in the 'cash for ash' fiasco that brought down the last Assembly and hasn't been addressed.
          Maybe because the office of education minister is rotated that often among the parties that they don't have time to implement their conservative biblical agenda! Peter Weir has been the only DUP education minister to date and he's only been in since last year I think. Seriously though, how do you trust the judgement of Politicians who personally think the Earth is 6000 years old!

Comment

Not to worry. "They themselves" are there to support their friend Jeremy.

Looking at manifestos and not anything else: How do the DUP and Sinn Fein compare?

Abortion after rape. DUP against - SF for it.
            Same sex marriages. DUP against - SF for it.
            Irish language to have the same status as Welsh does in Wales. SF for it. DUP hasn't said.
            Support for minorities and the disabled (including financial support) is in SF manifesto.
            Free breast cancer screening for all women over 40. Go Google it.
            Independent state for the Palestinians and the Basques.

Difficult when the "terrorists" start to make sense.

Comment

Working...
            X