Errors in packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors in packaging

We are occasionally warned re errors in PILs and on boxes. Yesterday was dispensing Priadel 400mg in new pack. Above the label space was Lithium Carbonate 200mg.

When I was in industry all publicity material etc was circulated around managers so that errors could be detected. mgs instead of mcgs etc.
    johnep

Re: Errors in packaging

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    We are occasionally warned re errors in PILs and on boxes. Yesterday was dispensing Priadel 400mg in new pack. Above the label space was Lithium Carbonate 200mg.

When I was in industry all publicity material etc was circulated around managers so that errors could be detected. mgs instead of mcgs etc.
    johnep
    It was publicised, there was an MHRA alert (You allowed to subscribe to get e-mails)

It should have arrived at the pharmacy

Jeff

Comment

As a locum have to rummage round to find notifications etc. When mentioned in another forum was severely chastised for looking through 'commercial' papers.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        As a locum have to rummage round to find notifications etc. When mentioned in another forum was severely chastised for looking through 'commercial' papers.
        johnep
        So subscribe the the MRHA alerts - you do have an internet connection and e-mail don't you?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          So subscribe the the MRHA alerts - you do have an internet connection and e-mail don't you?

Jeff
          Sometimes is the locums that pass this information on to staff.
          Probably it gets pushed to one side as discussing how to reach this weeks target to avoid head-office wrath and humiliation is more important to the 'regulars'. Us 'irregular' troops can get on with the pharmacy bits, and in the main do so.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Jeff
            I do subscribe, and I get a load of rubbish that has nothing to do with medicine recalls and patient safety alerts. I would say for ever one email that's useful, I receive about 20 that are a waste of time. IMHO of course.
            ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
            X