Inquest in Suffolk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquest in Suffolk

Yesterday’s( 13/3/17) BBC East News carried a story about an inquest where the death of at 80+ year old man was attributed to mistakes by the Shoes pharmacy which messed up his compliance aid ...... sounded like a Nomad or similar. Anyway the somewhat garbled tale suggested that someone’s medication had been changed, and the patients box had been opened and partially refilled with the other patient’s changes. There were two names on the box, one on the outside, and a different one on the label inside; however, as the chap was blind he couldn’t pick that up, and since he was otherwise reasonably able to look after his own medication none of his family nor his other carers checked. Well, you wouldn’t would you!
    Coroner blamed the pharmacy working conditions (dispensary was too small) as well as the pharmacist and her assistant.
    It’s taken a long time to come to an inquest as it all took place in 2012. Apparently there’s to be no prosecution, but nothing was said about GPhC. Case was, IIRC, in Felixstowe.

Anyone know anything more?

Sounds tragic. Do you have a link?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Well the shoes will get off scot free and it was all the fault of the RP wasn't it?
      johnep

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-39255699

I know it says cambridgeshire but it’s Felixstowe.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Well the shoes will get off scot free and it was all the fault of the RP wasn't it?
          johnep
          That’s what I was wondering. The ‘verbal’ report on the Regional News said, as above, that the working conditions were inadequate. I wondered too, why it had taken over four years to get to an inquest. Noted as well, that no apology or regret from Shoes reported at the inquest.

Checked the GPhC site again, and nothing there under that phermacists name.

Comment

GPs in the past have refused to give a new prescription, but simply asked for new tablets to be added to the old.
            johnep

Comment

It just shows how unlucky you can be. I bet the pharmacist responsible finds it difficult to work any more.
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                It just shows how unlucky you can be. I bet the pharmacist responsible finds it difficult to work any more.
                Would appear from her name she’s Romanian, or of Romanian ancestry.

Comment

Had another search of the GPhC records and find that on 26 August 2015 the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Investigating Committee considered an allegation in relation to her, and issued the registrant concerned with a warning in relation to the conduct alleged.She’s still registered in this country.
                  Last edited by the old merlin; 14th, March 2017, 11:07 AM. Reason: Further info.

Comment

Working...
                  X