Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots starting salary

Hi Friends,

Any idea of what is the starting salary at Boots for a newly qualified Pharmacist who has done pre-reg with them??

Shan
    [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Re: Boots starting salary

standard starting salary offered by the multiples 34-38 K for a 40hours/weeks. however you get 4 weeks paid holiday and some other benefits. however if you want to work 45 hours/week (typical asda offer i guess) then expect the salary to hit 40K.
    salaries varies based on location, how busy the pharmacy is...etc if a pharmacy has been running on locums for months, then you can negotiate a better deal.
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Raoul.

My question was, if you have already agreed to work for them immediately after the pre-reg and subsequent registration, without agreeing on the pay, then how much would they start with??

Shan

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
        Thanks Raoul.

My question was, if you have already agreed to work for them immediately after the pre-reg and subsequent registration, without agreeing on the pay, then how much would they start with??

Shan
        i know what are you talking about, my friend signed a 2 years contract ( pre-reg and 1 year once qualified). it says in your contract that you will be required to work for 1 year or pay them 5K, and i recall he mentioned that starting salary mentioned in his contract was >33K.
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
          My question was, if you have already agreed to work for them immediately after the pre-reg and subsequent registration, without agreeing on the pay
          They will pay you whatever they like. Suggest you request at least a pro-forma contract straight away, so you have some idea where you stand. Regarding paying them 5K back if you leave, I have serious doubts about the legality of that!
          Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
            They will pay you whatever they like. Suggest you request at least a pro-forma contract straight away, so you have some idea where you stand. Regarding paying them 5K back if you leave, I have serious doubts about the legality of that!
            Thanks Fleegle.

I will definitely look into the legality when I register myself on the record.

Right now, it is, to get the best pre-reg training possible and then another year of working as a Pharmacist in a place where things are in place and concentrate more on your Pharmacist abilities than worry about the shop issues.

I will be taking your advices in future too.

Shan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
              i know what are you talking about, my friend signed a 2 years contract ( pre-reg and 1 year once qualified). it says in your contract that you will be required to work for 1 year or pay them 5K, and i recall he mentioned that starting salary mentioned in his contract was >33K.
              Thanks Raoul,

I just wanted to know the figure, in case if I have to decide not to work for them after registration and challenge their contract condition of paying back 5k as Fleegle mentioned.

Shan

Comment

Whats the starting pay in hospital these days.
                3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
                  Whats the starting pay in hospital these days.
                  they are still payed the same amount of money when you last asked ( few months ago) :P
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                    they are still payed the same amount of money when you last asked ( few months ago) :P
                    I never asked money for hospital
                    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Hi Shan,

I am getting a simarly situation that you had commented in this forum. I started doing my pre reg in a local community pharmacy by verbal agreement and then six month later they gave me the contract. In the contract say that I have to stay with they for two year after qualified and If I leave the pharmacy before that I have to pay them 7500K for the training. I already know that they are claiming for the PCT grant so I think that this situation is unfair.

Also I started hearing that they want to offer me a position as a relief pharmacist by paying 32k the first year.
                      I contacted with the Royal, they said that I do not have to sing the contract also I contacted with Employment in law and they said that this is a normal situation here in UK so they checked my contract and they said that it is legal. So I am a bite confused about that.

I will finish my training in August and the coming week I will get a meeting with the staff of the pharmacy so I would like to that if really they can charge me money back in case that I decide to leave the pharmacy and weather they delete this part from the contract. How much can I negotiate for a relief pharmacy position?
                      Thank

Comment

When I was offered the pre-reg placement the condition was for only 1 year and the money I had to pay back if I refused was 5000. I don't know how come they changed it to 2 years and 7500 now ??? Anyway I refused and took a place in an independent without any binding and now they have offered me an excellent package.

I really do not know how to react in this situation as I have no experience. I can suggest the following just in case they help. First thing is wait till you get the results out and register with the Society. Then have a discussion with the manager or whoever responsible and mention that the money offered is too less for your capabilities and you will consider the place if your pay is brought in line with the industry standard of atleast 36 - 40 K (you can actually earn more than 50k if you worked as a locum for five days a week at 23/hr which is a standard minimum rate) Even then they do not agree then the last route is to underperform constantly or keep calling in sick often (with minor reasons such as diarrhea or migraine or fever etc. which do not need refferal) so that they will ask you to leave. This route is extremely personal to you and please do not in anyway hold me responsible, as I have never tried this and it is just a thought since if the company asks you to leave, then you don't have to pay them back and in some instances you may be entitled to get a redundancy pay It is totally up to you. Also they try to play with people from foreign countries, since visa is a problem for them and they will ultimately agree for any offer to sustain and to pay back a huge loans back home. In my opinion it is criminal and the apathy is no one cares including the society.

Also tell them that you had to sign the contract under pressure as it was given after six months of starting the pre-reg and you were afraid of losing the place and losing the whole year of pre-reg. I am sure you have dated the contract when you signed it rather than the date when you joined them.

Shan

Comment

Thank you very much Shan, your information has been very useful. You have right about that they want to take advantage because I am an Overseas Pharmacist. But, I got more than 10 years working as a pharmacist and my last 5 years I worked in Barcelona, so to find this unfair situation here it is shocking to me.

The good news is that I have not singed the contract yet. All my performance standards have been sing off (this Monday).

Anyway I was thinking do not accept these conditions and if they refuse improve the contract I will not be stay with they because I won't be feel comfortable.

Take care and well done for refuse the contract from boots and its conditions!!!

Comment

i'd love to see when you're counselling a patient amsv. It would portray a lovely image of pharmacy.
                            We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

A word of advice to you guys. Join the PDA.

The PDA - The Pharmacists' Defence Association - Home Page or phone 0121-694-7000

You even have your own user group just waiting for you . Pre-Registration Student Membership Group - The PDA Union

If you are a pre-reg student it will be FREE and you will get a total of £600,000 worth of cover. You don't even have to remain a member after you qualify although you'd be crazy not to.

Contact them NOW for advice on these contracts and to know where you stand in law.

(Note to moderators: I know this is blatant advertising but nobody is asking for any money and I believe it to be the most important thing these kids can do. El-loco - his own views posted on his own initiative)

Comment

Working...
                              X