Pregnant student help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant student help

Just want to find out what the procedures are if i fall pregnant whilst doing my degree and I want to take some time out.What are the procedures with the RPSGB.

Re: Pregnant student help

you can take ONE gap year through out your degree, you need to inform the school of pharmacy. no need to involve RPSGB.
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

First, try not to get pregnant--sex is not compulsory! Failing that, get an implanon rather than having to remember to take the pill.

Comment

Hey lamzee...are you a woman? If so, probably sound advice...If not..
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Rarely happened in my day, sex wasn't invented until 1963. If it did, then girl had time off from about sixth month and studied at home. baby was invariably adopted. (No welfare in those days) and girl returned to uni, older and wiser.
          johnep

Comment

johnep are u really serious .ure not that helpful honestly. I think you should really be considerate about other people's feelings you really dont know what im going through.Its a very important question needing really good ANSWERS

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
              Hey lamzee...are you a woman? If so, probably sound advice...If not..
              Yes of course I'm a woman :-) Is my name "Lamzee" not a bit girly?

Comment

Sorry did not mean to be offensive. Generation gap. However, truth of the matter is that if you are having a baby than the babies welfare is paramount.
                In the old days that meant adoption. If you want the baby than all well and good. If not, then the extreme is baby P. Every child should be a wanted child.

The attitude of the RSPGB is non judgemental and you can just stop for a year and start again if adequate support available.

The alternative, if less than the time limit, is termination. As always prevention is better than cure, which is why we hand out C cards.
                johnep

Comment

thats more like it johnep thanks.Anyway the info is for a mate but if I have a baby i would never terminate it just because I have to finish uni that will be very selfish of me and dont worry my baby will be loved no matter what circumstances poverty or riches it does not matter.Life should be cherished people have different views about this and I respect that .Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by lamzee View Post
                    Yes of course I'm a woman :-) Is my name "Lamzee" not a bit girly?
                    Ahhh..Lamzee!....I was reading that as "I am Zee"..but then I'm just your normal idiot bloke. Great advice... You Go Girl!!
                    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by yeukie View Post
                      thats more like it johnep thanks.Anyway the info is for a mate but if I have a baby i would never terminate it just because I have to finish uni that will be very selfish of me and dont worry my baby will be loved no matter what circumstances poverty or riches it does not matter.Life should be cherished people have different views about this and I respect that .Thanks again

Please don't mnd me making this comment, as this is a really sensitive issue.

When it comes to giving birth to a new life, it's always your choice no matter what cercumstances you are. If you are really thinking about the child you are going to give birth to then only you can take a decision whether it is worth for the child to come in life at this moment or not. It has no relevence to whether you had sex just out of lust or need, as long you really meant not to have a kid. If you never thought the action would have lead you to this state, then beleive me, only you can take a decision as to whether you should bring it out in the world or not. All the thinkings of whether the Uni or RPSGB or even the government will support you is immetiarl as long you reaaly care about the child. If you are sure you cant prevent it from happening, don't think of whether these guys will let you finish your course academically, just trust in youself and go ahed. Rest will follow.

May god bless you.

Shan
                      [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                        Sorry did not mean to be offensive. Generation gap. However, truth of the matter is that if you are having a baby than the babies welfare is paramount.
                        In the old days that meant adoption. If you want the baby than all well and good. If not, then the extreme is baby P. Every child should be a wanted child.

The attitude of the RSPGB is non judgemental and you can just stop for a year and start again if adequate support available.

The alternative, if less than the time limit, is termination. As always prevention is better than cure, which is why we hand out C cards.
                        johnep
                        Just a comment Johnep, from when have our lives really changed because of a RPSGB judgment? (except for getting on to the register to earn our livelihood and lose it without sensible reason)

We know for sure, that, we can only show our displeasure at the actions taken by RPSGB, but never things happen the way we want. Rather, I will go a step ahead to say that even after so many years of tolerence no Pharmacist could challenge the RPSGB, irrespective of so many forums or even the PGD.

Only we could do is, time and again, vent out furor and get back to the safe den to save our job so funny.

It's easy to talk what to do, but difficult to start doing what you talk ( if this proverb is new then you can name me as the originator, or else, thanks to the person who said it)

Shan
                        [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Comment

This is getting unnecessarily heavy.

The RPSGB will have no interest whatsoever. All they want to know is if you meet the academic standard and pass the pre-reg satisfactorily. The university will decide if you meet the academic standard and they will advise you on how much time they will allow you to complete the course.

Everything else, whilst making good quality discussion fodder, is outside of the original question.
                          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

A girl at my uni had a year off gap to play sports professionally (between 3rd and 4th year). Don't think unis generally mind as long as you pay the fees and pass the exams.

Comment

So within the Mpharm course at any uni, you can take one gap year?
                              3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Working...
                              X