CDs in MDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDs in MDS

Hi all. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to put CDs (specifically MST) in MDS systems? I don't know if I'm just asking a silly question but I've never come across it before. Any ideas?

Re: CDs in MDS

in the past we did this for a terminally ill patient - i'm sure that the manufacturers wouldn't be able to approve BUT patient was ok, gp's ok & pharmacy ok - in terms of efficacy etc everything appeared ok - we used community nomad packs (disposable) - if made up in advance the trays would need to be stored in cd cupboard till collection/delivery - need blue box signing by patient/representative on collection OR if delivery we got our delivery driver to sign the blue box on back of Rx & got patient/representative to sign for receipt on two "forms" (1 = normal delivery form & 2 = form for cd's) - hope this helps...? I'd get in touch with NAPP to check their current thinking & then (probably) still do it!!

Comment

Thanks - I was thinking more from legal standpoint than anything else. Hadn't thought about the need to keep the packs in the CD cupboard!

Comment

Ok if in community, but nursing homes generally have safe custody regulations imposed. Check with nursing home admin if supplying eg nomads to them which may contain any CDs. re potential storage issue.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Thanks again - it's a patient in the community so I think the general consensus (of three of us!) is that I can go ahead. If anyone disagrees, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Farnsfield View Post
            Thanks again - it's a patient in the community so I think the general consensus (of three of us!) is that I can go ahead. If anyone disagrees, please let me know.
            In the community it's fine. Could be problematic in a Care Home unless care staff ensured everything was in the CD cabinet. Just possible a pernickety inspector might be awkward, though!

Comment

Nightmare keeping running balances if you've got a lot made up in advance but the odd one should be controllable I'd have thought.

Place I work does loads.

Comment

Working...
              X