Pharmacy In America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy In America

Can Uk pharmacist practice straight away in america after writing the exam or they have to do the Pharm D

Re: Pharmacy In America

This is a perennial question answered many times on this forum. Suggest you search the forum archives.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      This is a perennial question answered many times on this forum. Suggest you search the forum archives.
      johnep
      The short answer is "No", as John says it has been dealt with on the forum.
      It is also not a bed of roses, but it is well paid.

There are several US forums - lurk around here to get the feel of it.
      Jim Plagakis
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

No you don't have to do a Pharmd but it is a pretty complicated process to get licensed as a pharmacist in the states with another degree. But worth it imo.

Comment

Hey Pharaoh

We had a nasty start yesterday…..so welcome to the site and I’m sorry If I came across a bit harsh.

Do you know anything about the ‘Pharmacy Residency’ ….???
          Lazy Lady...
          [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
            No you don't have to do a Pharmd but it is a pretty complicated process to get licensed as a pharmacist in the states with another degree. But worth it imo.
            People say it takes 3 years but in effect its 2 years. As far as I know, you don't do pharmD. You do fpgee, naplex and training and you're ready to go. Wage is extremely good, I don't really get how much worse the conditions can be in America compared to UK really.
            3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
              Hey Pharaoh

We had a nasty start yesterday…..so welcome to the site and I’m sorry If I came across a bit harsh.

Do you know anything about the ‘Pharmacy Residency’ ….???
              No hard feelings, I must have given a pretty bad first impression. xD

I believe residency is 1500hrs before becoming a licensed pharmacist. The thing is that the regulations vary from state to state, and keep being changed.

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
              People say it takes 3 years but in effect its 2 years. As far as I know, you don't do pharmD. You do fpgee, naplex and training and you're ready to go. Wage is extremely good, I don't really get how much worse the conditions can be in America compared to UK really.
              I think you can manage to do it a bit under 2 years, but again it all varies from state to state.

As far as conditions go, pharmacists in the US usually have less patient contact. The pharmacist is usually divided from the patients by a glass partition or a high counter, unlike here in the UK where the pharmacist is a bit more accessible. So I suppose that might be a bad thing if you like counseling patients. But there are a lot more opportunities in industry if that interests you.

As far as wage goes, you have to compare the standard of living. 50k pounds doesn't let you live too lavishly here in the UK. The same amount of money in the US will let you do more.

Comment

I seem to remember pharaoh as pharout from Phoenix. Absent for some time,
                if you are the same person, then welcome back.
                johnep

Comment

hi pharmacist , am a new member in this site am studying PharmD program in the university of jordan (in jordan) if you dont know this university is number one here ok
                  i just wanna ask you guys if you know any thing about the residency and the fellowship in america and what universities is best bcoz i wanna complete my study after my graduatioon( in 2011)
                  please if some one know any thing dont hesitate to mention it ........thanx.

Hayder

Comment

You may have difficulty in entering USA from that part of the Middle East. A preliminary visa issued by your local US embassy will be essential.
                    USA has banned easy entry from number of countries.
                    johnep

Comment

Since the Christmas Day incident on an international flight bound for Detroit, the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has required additional airport security screening for citizens and nationals of 14 countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Individuals from these countries should also expect heightened scrutiny at U.S. embassies and consulates and at U.S. ports of entry on arrival.

Nationals of several other countries previously designated for heightened security screening could also be affected. These countries include Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates.

As you can see, Jordan is mentioned.
                      johnep

Comment

well the visa is not an issue i can handle it , i went to amideast inistitute here so as to pass the toefl on 27/2 this month then i will try to get the GRE but the problem i have little information about the post pharmD programms and what university is best for me....plz reply

Comment

yes you are right I hear about this but i thought its specific for kingdom of saudi arabia

Comment

NAPLEX and CPJE material for sale | Pharmacy Licensure and Exams | Student Doctor Network
                            This is a link to a student pharmacy USA site. Should answer all your questions.
                            johnep

Comment

No to study in the stated you need to pass the FPGEE exam. Theres lots of info here www.fpgeeexam.com good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X