prescription cost query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prescription cost query

If i have a prescription thats all for warfarin for example,if my prescription is for a months supply of 1mg tablets plus a month of 3mg tablets,and a month of 5mg tablets,do i pay one price because its the same medication i.e. £7:10p or do i have to pay 3x £7:10=£21:30p ??

Re: prescription cost query

Originally posted by beachy111 View Post
    If i have a prescription thats all for warfarin for example,if my prescription is for a months supply of 1mg tablets plus a month of 3mg tablets,and a month of 5mg tablets,do i pay one price because its the same medication i.e. £7:10p or do i have to pay 3x £7:10=£21:30p ??
    you pay one chargei.e 7.10 quids
    the golden rule is, if the FORM changed ( ramipril 10mg TABLETS and ramipril 10mf CAPSULES) then you have to pay for each form prescribed (14.2 quids in total)
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
      you pay one chargei.e 7.10 quids
      the golden rule is, if the FORM changed ( ramipril 10mg TABLETS and ramipril 10mf CAPSULES) then you have to pay for each form prescribed (14.2 quids in total)
      I'll add to what Raoul said.

Rx charge 1.

Dispensing charge for 3 items (to be claimed from PPD)

Shan
      [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Comment

You pay once if they are all on the same piece of paper. If the surgery have printed some of them on a separate script then you have to pay again! Or get it re-written.

Comment

Wow that was quickthankyou for your speedy replies

shan what does Rx charge 1. mean?

and what does (to be claimed from PPD) mean?

thanks again guys

Comment

Originally posted by beachy111 View Post
            Wow that was quickthankyou for your speedy replies

shan what does Rx charge 1. mean?

and what does (to be claimed from PPD) mean?

thanks again guys
            Sorry for confusing you.

Are you from pharmacy background or just a visitor, I mean a real patient enquiring?

Because, as a patient you just need to pay 1 charge if all the above are written on a single Rx(prescription) form.

And as a Pharmacist you will be eligible to claim 3 charges for dispensing 3 different items from PPD (Prescription Pricing Department in NHS)

Hope its clear now.

Shan

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
              Sorry for confusing you.

Are you from pharmacy background or just a visitor, I mean a real patient enquiring?

Because, as a patient you just need to pay 1 charge if all the above are written on a single Rx(prescription) form.

And as a Pharmacist you will be eligible to claim 3 charges for dispensing 3 different items from PPD (Prescription Pricing Department in NHS)

Hope its clear now.

Shan
              Forgot to add, the 3 charges are only the dispensing charges set by the NHS and not full prescription charges.

Shan

Comment

Sorry for confusing you.

Hope its clear now.

Shan

Thankyou very much,and i'm a patient and new to all this prescription charges

Comment

Sorry for confusing you.

Hope its clear now.

Shan

3 dispensing fees ( i.e not 7.10 pounds each, just 90 p each)
                  just thought to add that to clarify it to the patient that pharmacists do not get paid 3x7.1 from the PPD but still can be rich bastards
                  [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

3 dispensing fees ( i.e not 7.10 pounds each, just 90 p each)
                    just thought to add that to clarify it to the patient that pharmacists do not get paid 3x7.1 from the PPD but still can be rich bastards
                    Thanks Raoul.

I did notice the mistake and corrected later.

Shan

Comment

Common misconception by public that the prescription charge is the cost of the medicine or what is paid to the chemist. It is simply a TAX by govnmt to raise revenue. Item could cost a few pence or several hundred pounds.
                      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                        Common misconception by public that the prescription charge is the cost of the medicine or what is paid to the chemist. It is simply a TAX by govnmt to raise revenue. Item could cost a few pence or several hundred pounds.
                        johnep
                        Also when you put the prescription charge in the till, the completed script goes into the paid bundle. The PPD then take the script charge off your reimbursement. So if you don't collect it you lose.

I've always wondered why GPs prescribed more than one month for exempt patients, but stick almost rigidly to 1 month for patients who pay charges.
                        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                          I've always wondered why GPs prescribed more than one month for exempt patients, but stick almost rigidly to 1 month for patients who pay charges.
                          Not in my area. I get four months on my paid prescriptions and the majority of those exempt only get one months supply. Most of the paid ones I have seen are for three to six months but no longer ( for those on established meds eg HRT, blood pressure tabs), and the most on exempt I've seen is for two months.
                          Make some one smile today.

Comment

pharmacists do not get paid 3x7.1 from the PPD but still can be rich bastards

And that is a helpful contribution because..........................?
                            http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
                              And that is a helpful contribution because..........................?
                              re helpful contribution so that the patient does not think we get paid 21.3 pounds for dispensing a script for warfarin 1mg, warfarion3 mg , warfarin 5 mg. instead we get paid 3 x 90p.

my contribution was regarding shan's post to clarify what he meant (And as a Pharmacist you will be eligible to claim 3 charges for dispensing 3 different items from PPD (Prescription Pricing Department in NHS)
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X