X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months imto Pre reg

[

Hi Im a pre reg student

Ive just completed 13 weeks in a community pharmacy and i cant stand the job....I dread each day, I cant see myself doing this full time. Its so tedious and repetitive. Im constantly tired, my eyesight has gone worse and i just hate it. Uts making me miserable

Other than hospital and industry pharmacy what other areas of work can I go into?

or how do you get to work for local PCT?

thanks in advance for any replies

A very bored, pre reg student
    Rosie

Re: 3 months imto Pre reg

Not sure what they've got you doing 'cos I find every day is different, even in the same shop!

But if it's not for you, probably best to stick it for the year (will feel like a long time ahead, but once you're through it'll fade very quickly, honest) then make a change. You could try locuming once qualified to see if other shops suit you better. Otherwise, the back of the PJ has a lot of jobs; attend branch meetings etc if you want to get to know your local PCT pharmacists who will know of jobs in advance
    Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

Originally posted by Defblade View Post
      Not sure what they've got you doing 'cos I find every day is different, even in the same shop!

But if it's not for you, probably best to stick it for the year (will feel like a long time ahead, but once you're through it'll fade very quickly, honest) then make a change. You could try locuming once qualified to see if other shops suit you better. Otherwise, the back of the PJ has a lot of jobs; attend branch meetings etc if you want to get to know your local PCT pharmacists who will know of jobs in advance
      Good advice, Rosie. Especially the bit about going to branch meetings. You'll meet all sorts of people there.

Got to agree, though with Defblade. I NEVER found two days were the same.

Comment

Rosie - I sympathise as I also hated my pre-reg position and thought there's no way I could have carried on doing the job for a few months let alone years! However, I've now been qualified just over four years and although it's been hard work and sometimes it is difficult to moticate myself and I feel stuck in a rut, some days have been brilliant. Certainly try locuming for different companies/shops as you may find one suits you better and if you stick out this year then you always have the qualification to fall back on. I worked for about two years after I qualified and then took some time out to go travelling and it did me the world of good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie08 View Post
          [

Hi Im a pre reg student

Ive just completed 13 weeks in a community pharmacy and i cant stand the job....I dread each day, I cant see myself doing this full time. Its so tedious and repetitive. Im constantly tired, my eyesight has gone worse and i just hate it. Uts making me miserable

Other than hospital and industry pharmacy what other areas of work can I go into?

or how do you get to work for local PCT?

thanks in advance for any replies

A very bored, pre reg student
          Rosie,
          We have all been through that stage.
          Resolve yourself to tough it out and get that MRPharmS after your name.
          If you still feel the same after you qualify you have a means of financing a career switch with some weekend or evening work at £20 plus per hour.
          If you feel isolated you need to get out more. I took up scuba diving and made a great deal of new friends from all walks of life.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

i cant stand the job....I dread each day
            Well done for reaching that decision after only 13 weeks - it's taken me 30 years to get to that stage, but maybe that's because I'm slow.

Jeff

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies and advice, I think the main reason why im so pissed off is because i was going in and dispensing from 9-6 and ive kinda told my tutor that im so bored of dispensing and im not enjoying the placement.

So now im doing an audit, sitting in on murs and its getting a bit better.

I need to change my views and just get on with the countdown....

.........9 months to go........

I feel like my social life has gone out the window and if i do arrange to do anything over the weekend......im knackered through the week

Im stressed out over the exam...ive done no work and do not feel at all motivated to any work...as im always so exhausted....plus im crap at calculations.........aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggg ggghhhhhhhhhh

Right rant over....i need to get my s**t together....so i can my qualification

thanks again

Rosie

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies and advice, I think the main reason why im so pissed off is because i was going in and dispensing from 9-6 and ive kinda told my tutor that im so bored of dispensing and im not enjoying the placement.

So now im doing an audit, sitting in on murs and its getting a bit better.

I need to change my views and just get on with the countdown....

.........9 months to go........

I feel like my social life has gone out the window and if i do arrange to do anything over the weekend......im knackered through the week

Im stressed out over the exam...ive done no work and do not feel at all motivated to any work...as im always so exhausted....plus im crap at calculations.........aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggg ggghhhhhhhhhh

Right rant over....i need to get my s**t together....so i can my qualification

thanks again

Please for god's sake wash your hands first (may your mouth too)

You are going to be a next generation Pharmacist. First thing as Pharmacist is always be polite, cool and never use a foul language

All the best

Shan
                [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                  Please for god's sake wash your hands first (may your mouth too)

You are going to be a next generation Pharmacist. First thing as Pharmacist is always be polite, cool and never use a foul language

All the best

Shan
                  What do you do let off steam?
                  Make some one smile today.

Comment

Rosie.

I despised my pre-reg year. I worked for Boots for 56 weeks:- 52 Pre-reg and 4 notice. However once you qualify you have a lot of autonomy and significant control over your future. I have, in the main enjoyed pharmacy and I think the best times are so close I can smell them. I really wish I was qualifying today as the opportunities are so much more exciting than they have been for the last 30 years............just not many can see them!

With regard to foul language, everything in moderation INCLUDING moderation is a code I have lived by for most of my life. Feel free to let off steam and if it annoys Shan.........so what?

Being deliberately offensive is quite another subject but nothing you have said to date could be construed as being offensive.
                    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Hi Tony and jaymags

thanks for the support.....i feel like the dispenser's take advantage of the newby who is moi!!! and leave me doing the CRAPPPPPPY jobs

jeez if that was 'bad or foul language' as quoted by ''shan''

then lets just say you aint heard nothing yet...........lol

and by the way Shan im not on here counselling patients....so i can say what i want, when i like...''hello its a forum...have your say''

....if you dont like it.......dont read it and dont reply....then were both happpy

good luck and goodbye

thanks to you all for your views....except you shan

hahahah
                      Rosie

Comment

Rosie..............

Dispensing support staff always have exploited pre-reg's and always will. Look upon it as assertiveness training because you will get much more than that from management, GPs, patients, your professional body etc etc once you do qualify.

You are correct, this is an open forum but you have shot yourself in the foot a bit with your childish final comments to Shan who, even if you don't like what she said, is entitled to say it.

Actually, I suspect Shan is much more easy going than she comes across as.

Comment

i suspect shan is a he Mr TS
                          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Comment

oh my god its a joke...helloooooooooo

lighten up....

ive shot myself in the foot, for what?

some lovely advice to watch my p's and q's???????????

did you not see the lol = laugh out loud, and ahahahah its a joke?????

anybody with a personality.....on here????????

Rosie

Comment

Working...
                              X