methadone register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• methadone register

Hi everyone, i am new to this site and would like some advice. One of my methadone entries s/f was transfered to the sugar methadone register. The sugar register was down by the same amount that I gave of the s/f. I am positive that i gave the correct methadone as it was double checked, also the sugar methadone balance had not been checked for the past 3 months. The s/f was checked a couple of days later and was about 50ml over. The pharmacist who transferred the entry did not call to check with me and assumed that i gave the wrong one. I only noticed when i had gone back a couple of weeks later. Not sure what to do as I am very angry and annoyed that someone can just do that i.e should I contact the superindendent and rpsgb and cd inspector. Does that mean if a discrepancy is noticed in the register then any pharmacist can just transfer an entry made by another pharmacist just so it balances???

Re: methadone register

Short answer is no..an entry cannot just be "moved" like that, unless a mistaken entry has been clearly identified...extremely cheeky in my opinion. Methadone balances are never absolutely correct, as I am sure you know, as most 500ml bottles carry an overage anyway. Suggest you have a quiet word with the pharmacist concerned, and make it clear you do not want it to happen again. No further action required, as technically your stock of methadone mixture is balanced (apart from a few grams of sugar)...
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Re: methadone register

THe running balance has become a box ticking exercise - if it doesn't balance - then make it balance and all is well.

I doubt that moving your entry was personal - just a case of moving any entry to make it balance.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X