Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contract restrictions

Hi,

i've heard of lots of contracts that restrict a pharmacist from working within a given radius of their store when they leave a company, but has anyone had any experience of it actually being enforced? if so, in what circumstances. surely this cant apply to a relief pharmacist (though i have seen it in a relief pharmacist contract)? also, surely it is illegal as falls under restriction of trade?
    anyone shed any light?
    thanks

Re: contract restrictions

Talk to the PDA if you're a member.

IIRC, it is an unreasonable restraint on allowing you to earn a living (as there will only be so many phramacy jobs within a reasonable commute of your house) and ALSO they could pretty much only sue for any loses they actually incur by you taking the nearby position, and they'd have a very hard time proving the connection.
    Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

thanks blade, that what i thought. if anyone has heard of it being enforced, or trying to be enforced i'd love to hear about it.

thanks

Comment

I have blatantly flaunted clauses like this twice. Nothing was ever done, and have never known it to be enforced. Frankly, it is nothing more than an empty threat to try to hold on to you.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

I had a clause like that years ago. It is a restriction on trade and not enforcable. Needless to say, the company folded anyway!
          MUR

Major Underestimation of Resources

Comment

Working...
          X