New law section to site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New law section to site?

Anyone else with me in thinking we should open a new section within the site called law. This can include all the new changes within the profession and enable the pharmacists and students to keep upto date. For example, as of today we are allowed to dispense scripts from EU and Switerzland.

I hope admin takes some notice!
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: New law section to site?

Good idea. I struggled with the legal side when I did my NVQ2, I think it was because I had only been told the legal things on a need-to-know basis. It was difficult to get my head round. Putting any new laws in plain English would help too. I got an O Level in English but not gobbledegook.
    Make some one smile today.

Comment

Anyone else with me in thinking we should open a new section within the site called law. This can include all the new changes within the profession and enable the pharmacists and students to keep upto date. For example, as of today we are allowed to dispense scripts from EU and Switerzland.
      chit chat of mice, who's gona put the bell around the cats neck???
      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
        bit obscure there solly!

i think admin would however the controls for running this board are best described as 'a bit ropey' and (to me anyway) it looks like a nightmare to change around and start new sections. Best to leave pharmacy law & ethics updates to the pharmacy news section, methinks.
        “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
          The quietest one, cats have excellent hearing, but if you don't use your voice no one is going to listen to you. If you don't ask questions how do you learn? If you don't confer with other people how do know what improvements can be made?
          Make some one smile today.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymags View Post
            The quietest one, cats have excellent hearing, but if you don't use your voice no one is going to listen to you. If you don't ask questions how do you learn? If you don't confer with other people how do know what improvements can be made?
            Won't this site become as exciting as the pharmaceutical journal?

For those who don't get the PJ, just check the PJ website every week.
            The PSNC and RPSGB is also worth a visit at the same frequency.

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
            News | PJ Online
            Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC)
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymags View Post
              Putting any new laws in plain English would help too. I got an O Level in English but not gobbledegook.
              Absolutely, jaymags. And I wonder what all those who got the new A level in "critical thinking" would make of all the legal verbiage as well.
              ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                it looks like a nightmare to change around and start new sections.
                well, I'm not about to volunteer for the job, but actually it's quite easy, if their website is to be believed. I looked at helping run a forum once, and I was surprised how easy they had made it.

vBulletin Manual
                >forums and moderators>adding or editing a forum

Having looked at it again, perhaps its not so easy!
                ....just my opinion

Comment

a couple of law related questions regarding inspectorate visits
                  1-are electronic records of ES and private prescription adequate or do we need to have a separate book to enter them ( i believe electronic ones are accepted).
                  2- are unlicensed medicines allowed to be kept in stock i.e 30 tabs of unlicensed vitamins ordered through specials for a regular patient. i am not sure if we can store them in CD cupboard.

cheers
                  [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
                    well, I'm not about to volunteer for the job, but actually it's quite easy, if their website is to be believed. I looked at helping run a forum once, and I was surprised how easy they had made it.

vBulletin Manual
                    >forums and moderators>adding or editing a forum

Having looked at it again, perhaps its not so easy!
                    Who would be liable if the translation was wrong.

or in legalese...

If the party providing the interpretation, hereafter known as the first party, misinterpreted and put into words that misinterpretation, thereafter acted upon by the second party, would the first party be liable; especially if the consequences of the action of the second party resulted in apparent negligence in the execution of their duties.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                      Who would be liable if the translation was wrong.

or in legalese...

If the party providing the interpretation, hereafter known as the first party, misinterpreted and put into words that misinterpretation, thereafter acted upon by the second party, would the first party be liable; especially if the consequences of the action of the second party resulted in apparent negligence in the execution of their duties.
                      Fax the script to a reliable internet pharmacy* in the country of origin, and take a commission.

[*does this raise more issues of responsibility!]
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
                        Fax the script to a reliable internet pharmacy* in the country of origin, and take a commission.

[*does this raise more issues of responsibility!]
                        I always wonder if the NHS has worked out how much it would cost to have all the repeat dispensing moved offshore where the labour and drugs are cheaper, then deliver them direct to the patient. ETP would cover the cost of getting the scripts to the off-shore dispensary, it would be the cost of getting them delivered. Mind you, the contract would be worth millions.

That would mean community pharmacists would have a lot of time freed up to do MUR and counselling and lend out tablets and inhalers until the courier delivers to the patient.

Until MUR are farmed out to an overseas call centre that is.

Or, plenty of time to board up the shop and join the unemployed.
                        Perhaps a boarding up service would be the thing to set up?

Food for thought, or is it mental indigestion?

Hope this doesn't give you nightmares.
                        How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                          I always wonder if the NHS has worked out how much it would cost to have all the repeat dispensing moved offshore where the labour and drugs are cheaper, then deliver them direct to the patient. ETP would cover the cost of getting the scripts to the off-shore dispensary, it would be the cost of getting them delivered. Mind you, the contract would be worth millions.
                          Hope this doesn't give you nightmares.
                          Yes, it's giving me nightmares. Still, it would keep the inspector a long way away ..............
                          ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                            2- are unlicensed medicines allowed to be kept in stock i.e 30 tabs of unlicensed vitamins ordered through specials for a regular patient. i am not sure if we can store them in CD cupboard.

cheers
                            Why would you keep vitamins in the CD cupboard? Can you not just keep them on dispensary shelves with a copy invoice attached to them with an elastic band ? That way you know how much to claim for them and everyone will know they are unlicenced.

Comment

i was checking the list that inspectors follow while inspecting, one of them question was; is there any unlicensed products on shelves?

that's why i asked the initial question, and would love more explanation please.

cheers lamzee
                              [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X