Binge drinking - future pharmacists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binge drinking - future pharmacists?

Just wondering what everyone's views are on binge drinking within UK. A lot of university students do it. This includes me but I moderate my drinking. Many pharmacy students are constantly out getting hammered too. It just begs the question what the point of doing a degree is and adding value to the profession and a lot of damage will be done to the body by then right?

just want opinions about what you as a pharmacist and a person in society makes of this problem and also whether these students will really make a difference to the profession.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Binge drinking - future pharmacists?

Interesting topic asterix. Personally I do not drink, but this is a personal choice and not because it may damage our reputation.

My own opinion on the matter is, as long as you are not breaking the law you can do pretty much whatever you want. Whether it is binge drinking or partying all night.

Now, as for students, well I think society accepts the fact that ALL students, whether medical or not, do drink alot, so I wouldn’t worry too much!

Comment

drink as much as you can now, once uni is over you would not have a lot of chances to get drunk anyways......
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

BBC - Radio 4 - 4 Stands Up - 30 October 2008

explains why

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
          drink as much as you can now, once uni is over you would not have a lot of chances to get drunk anyways......
          but it's bad for health!
          3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
            but it's bad for health!
            then do not cross your drinking limits....
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Binge drinking is only a problem if you get addicted to getting hammered once or twice a week, then it is damaging. Drinking can be seen as damaging to your health whatever quantity you drink but so can many other activities. It has to be your choice to stop binge drinking. Personally I've never seen the point of getting that hammered you can't remember what you did or said.
              Make some one smile today.

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix View Post
                Just wondering what everyone's views are on binge drinking within UK. A lot of university students do it. This includes me but I moderate my drinking. Many pharmacy students are constantly out getting hammered too. It just begs the question what the point of doing a degree is and adding value to the profession and a lot of damage will be done to the body by then right?

just want opinions about what you as a pharmacist and a person in society makes of this problem and also whether these students will really make a difference to the profession.
                What with the R word looming upon us Alcohol consumption should drop (less available income to spend on luxury goods).
                If the recession is a long one, it could stifle the growing proportion of the present populace developing Alcoholic Liver Disease.

On the one hand - every cloud has a silver lining

Why the recession is a blessing in disguise | Alice Thomson - Times Online

But wait till you hear what this guy says...

Bloomberg News
                Last edited by openmind; 31, October 2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by openmind View Post
                  What with the R word looming upon us Alcohol consumption should drop (less available income to spend on luxury goods).
                  If the recession is a long one, it could stifle the growing proportion of the present populace developing Alcoholic Liver Disease.

Not at these prices.....
                  BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | £5 for non-stop drinking defended

Comment

And then...

Abrakebabra - Ireland's Premier Fast Food Chain

Oh yes!
                    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

glass of wine is the best thing for health this side of moscow
                      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Red or white? and does Lambrini count?
                        Make some one smile today.

Comment

recently they found that white wine was as good as red in some cases, lambrini......I think the key thing is the antioxidants in grapes, so lambrini in this case would get relegated never mind qualify.
                          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
                            glass of wine is the best thing for health this side of moscow
                            What´s behind moscow than?
                            It´s always good to be prepaired.

Comment

the world is round, this side of moscow is also the other side of moscow!!

Comment

Working...
                              X