emergency supply question. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency supply question. . .

In the M.E.P is lists conditions that need to be satisfied to do the supply.

'at the request of a patient:

a)
    ii) that treatment with the POM requested has on a previous occasion been prescribed by a Doctor . . . for the person requesting it '

Im trying to remember at Uni we had a time scale we used, ie the item had been prescribed in the past six months, although the MEP just states that the item has to have been previously prescribed by a Doctor.

Any one got any guide lines or just good advice on a time scale?

If I had been prescribed amoxicillin when I was 12 years old I could really do an emergency supply for a five day course since it has previously been prescribed by a Doctor - Surely not!!!!

Re: emergency supply question. . .

I have at back of my mind that should be some sort of evidence that pt had during last month and is still on treatment. Ie chronic rather than acute.
    johnep

Comment

Re: emergency supply question. . .

At the end of the day whatever you do is correct, because you are the professional, and the one with the responsibility to make your own decision and choices.

(Generally, I let them have it if it's reasonable, a repeat, and they are prepared to pay!)

Comment

Working...
      X