No announcement yet.

sexually transmitted infections (STIs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sexually transmitted infections (STIs)

as a responsible pharmacist who is supposed to care about public health, do you feel you play an important role in reducing the problem of 'increasing prevalence of STIs' in your area?

if your answer if yes, then explain what do you do to solve this problem?

a couple of ideas i have are;
    1- raising awarness via the use of posters and leaflets to enhance safe sex practice.

2- participate in the C-card scheme, by providing free condoms for kids 15-18 years old/

3-school visits/talks to discuss the consequences of this problem?

what else would you do to alleviate the problem?

cheers
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Re: sexually transmitted infections (STIs)

First, analyse your client base--if they are mostly students then fine. If they are mostly old ladies waiting for digoxin, you might drive them away.

Comment

Re: sexually transmitted infections (STIs)

Originally posted by Raoul View Post
      as a responsible pharmacist who is supposed to care about public health, do you feel you play an important role in reducing the problem of 'increasing prevalence of STIs' in your area?
      As an irresponsible parent of two teenagers - there's a giant box of condoms by the front door that anyone can help themselves to. There are also a couple of rather phallic ornaments they can practice on. Posters are left lying around.
      Messages on their facebook walls asking if they want the free chlamydia tests offered by Bradford and the reply on mine
      "Actually, just to shock you, Leeds have been giving them away and I've already done one. Its for gonorrhoea too."

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X