I need some help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help....

hello everybody. I am an international student form Canada and I recently applied to some pharmacy schools in UK, and i got into a few of them.....however since I could nto visit any of thier open houses......I was just wondering if any of you could help me make a decision. I just wanted to know if anybody from this forum went to the University of Sunderland for pharmacy??? and is the program there good for pharmacy?? because i was really planning on going there because it's quite cheap to live there form an International student's persepective.....also I was wondering how Bradford School fo Pharmacy was.....???and is it ture that De Montfort University is not taking anymore pharmacy students?? I am deciding between the three of these schools....and by the way does it reall matter to which school I go to??? is reputation of the school very important when you look for a job?? I know i am asking you guys a lot of questions..I am really sorry.....but i would really appreciate if you guys could give me any sort of guidance on this matter..........thank you........

pharmacy schools in the UK

hi there and welcome!
    If you intend working as a community pharmacist, then I can emphatically tell you that it doesn't matter at all where you studied, as long as you are registered with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (RSPGB). I can't speak for posts in hospitals or the industry, but I'm sure other members will tell you.
    As far as De Montfort school of Pharmacy is concerned, I think you should look at this article:http://www.pjonline.com/news/2005/05...emontfort.html; maybe that's why they're not taking any new students...
    Any further questions, please feel free!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Schools of Pharmacy

Hi and welcome

I agree with Zo - I have never been asked where I studied pharmacy and I have worked in hospital as well as retail. As I understand Sunderland has a good reputation anyway (or used to have).
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Bradford

Went to Bradford Uni, but it's a long time ago.
        You can always visit the website?
        I know they do a 4 year course and a 5 year sandwich. In the 5 year you do your pre-reg as a period of two six months and take your registration exam in the final year as well as your finals. Might be useful as you are all 'studied up' and mentally geared to do exams at that time.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by joseroby
          hello everybody. I am an international student form Canada and I recently applied to some pharmacy schools in UK, and i got into a few of them.....however since I could nto visit any of thier open houses......I was just wondering if any of you could help me make a decision. I just wanted to know if anybody from this forum went to the University of Sunderland for pharmacy??? and is the program there good for pharmacy?? because i was really planning on going there because it's quite cheap to live there form an International student's persepective.....also I was wondering how Bradford School fo Pharmacy was.....???and is it ture that De Montfort University is not taking anymore pharmacy students?? I am deciding between the three of these schools....and by the way does it reall matter to which school I go to??? is reputation of the school very important when you look for a job?? I know i am asking you guys a lot of questions..I am really sorry.....but i would really appreciate if you guys could give me any sort of guidance on this matter..........thank you........

hello,
          i am from Malaysia.
          are you going for pharmacy course this coming september 2006?
          i also going to the university of Sunderland for pharmacy course this coming september.have you decide which University you are going?yup, the cost of living and the fees at sunderland is quite cheap. if you have decide to go sunderland then i think we will be in the same batch. nice to meet you in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
            Hi and welcome

I agree with Zo - I have never been asked where I studied pharmacy and I have worked in hospital as well as retail. As I understand Sunderland has a good reputation anyway (or used to have).

Me too. I've never been asked which uni I went to or een what grade I achieved. (I got a Desmond thru alcohol related injuries)

Oh, I lie Lloyds pre-reg instructor asked if anyone had seen my certificate when we had a visit by a Clear Blue rep and she pointed out that clear blue pregnancy tests came with a free diary and I said that it wasn't much of a consolation prize!
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
            X