X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency supply of medication

Hi.

Hope somebody can help with my query.
    Last weekend I was supplied an emergency supply of ventolin from a pharmacy outside of the area in which I live as I was visiting family at the time. I paid for the inhaler, which is no problem as it was my own silly fault. The pharmcist never said anything about bringing a script in later. So what do I do? Just leave it and order my next script from my gp when needed or does the pharmacy who supplied it automatically contact my gp to obtain it so they will know that I was supplied? How does it work?

Thank you.x

Re: Emergency supply of medication

Emergency supply is exactly that ' a supply for an emergency'. Under these regs, you pay for the medicine and that is the end of the matter. When you get a script, ask for two packs so that you will not run out again.

If you have run out due to overuse, then you need to be reviewed.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by monkey910 View Post
      Hi.

Hope somebody can help with my query.
      Last weekend I was supplied an emergency supply of ventolin from a pharmacy outside of the area in which I live as I was visiting family at the time. I paid for the inhaler, which is no problem as it was my own silly fault. The pharmcist never said anything about bringing a script in later. So what do I do? Just leave it and order my next script from my gp when needed or does the pharmacy who supplied it automatically contact my gp to obtain it so they will know that I was supplied? How does it work?

Thank you.x
      The pharmacist has legally supplied your inhaler in what seems to have been a genuine emergency. No prescription is required from your gp to cover this supply.

You were asked to pay for it, because you did not have a valid prescription, therefore you could not declare your reason for exemption from charge.

Request your next prescription from your gp when it is due, and carry on as normal.

Just one question..where did you learn to refer to a prescription as a "script"?
      Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

thanks very much for the replies, I shall just order my next when needed.

Fleegle, I work in mental health and we have always used that term, Im northern aswell so dont know if that has anything to do with it?

Comment

That explains it!...you just sounded a bit "in-the know"...welcome to the forum!
          Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
          X