Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it better to do pre-reg in a busy/quiet store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it better to do pre-reg in a busy/quiet store?

busy: more practical experience but is it so tiring you don't have energy to study when you go home? however its prob more stressful and mentally stimulating???? and with quiet, you have loads of study time but less practical experience so does your brain like work real slow?

Re: is it better to do pre-reg in a busy/quiet store?

ideally, would say a mix between the 2 depending on how quick a learner you are, previous work in pharmacy etc, etc

if you're looking for a broad point figure, a pharmacy doing between 5 to 7,000 items a month mainly with walk in's rather than loads of MDS scripts would be ideal

you can be kept busy and still have time to breathe and study.

Comment

Re: is it better to do pre-reg in a busy/quiet store?

I did my pre-reg in a busy pharmacy, but I also had lots of experience before starting. I'm back at that branch now and we are up to 21,000 items. The positive side of this is that we have quite a few patients with CF, a couple with PKU, plenty of coeliacs and so on. It can be difficult to come in to if you don't have a lot of experience, but it certainly teaches you how to work under pressure.

Personally I prefer to be in busy branches. When I've done odd days at quiet branches I find the day drags on and on. I would be bored stiff working at a branch doing less than 8000 a month, but that's my preference. Other people will be different.

Comment

Working...
      X