Clinical pharmacy diploma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinical pharmacy diploma

I would like to know how a MSc in Clinical Pharmacology compares with a Clinical Pharmacy diploma/MSc. Are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other?
    [B]PJS[/B]

Re: Clinical pharmacy diploma

clinical pharmacy is very different to pharmacology! pharmacology is the study of drug actions on biological systems (although in this case in a clinical setting) whereas pharmacy is a profession dealing with the management and control of drug usage through appropriate pharmaceutical care and health promotion.

Although pharmacists do study some pharmacology in their degree programs and share some similar subjects with pharmacologists their specialities and teaching methods diverge from a relatively early stage.

I wouldn't say one is necessesarily better than the other - they are different - it would be like saying a bucket of sand is better than a bucket of water - there's no context - it all depends on what you're using them for.
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks but I would like to know if you can study a lot of therapeutics in the clinical pharmacy diploma/MSc instead of doing a Clinical Pharmacology MSc?
      [B]PJS[/B]

Comment

My diploma covered some therapeutics, but the majority of the content was looking at the underlying evidence and how to interpret it.

Comment

Hey

Why don’t you call the School of Pharmacy up or look at their website to find more about the course content. You will definitely get therapeutics as part of the clinical pharmacy course.

I would have thought Msc in Pharmacology is more for Pharmacologists.

All the best

Lazy Lady...
          [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
          X