Script Charges/switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Charges/switching

If the script is handwritten then it is necessary for declaration to be filled in. If computer generated, then told not necessary for under 16s and over 60s.

Had hospital script yesterday where pts DOB is on the Name and address label stuck on script. Rest of script was handwritten. Would the script be switched if declaration not made?

I completed declaration just in case.
    johnep

Re: Script Charges/switching

Some multiples are getting every declaration signed whether required or not. I'm in an independent and we now get everything signed. It's not worth the risk of PPA not doing their job properly.

Comment

even when you do it 100% of the time the new CIP sites STILL balls it up. To me it seems as if the PPA asked for a designed-in deliberate error rate as a method of extracting even more money out from under contractors noses...

one big tip is to only use blue or black ink for the back of scripts. CIP readers seem to miss lots with red or green.
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

one big tip is to only use blue or black ink for the back of scripts. CIP readers seem to miss lots with red or green.[/QUOTE]

while reading the endoresment booklet from the psnc, this is believed to be a rumor.
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

We sign and tick everything now no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post

while reading the endoresment booklet from the psnc, this is believed to be a rumor.

just basing my ideas on existing optical reader technology. It has ALWAYS had trouble with colours other than blue or black because of a lack of contrast - it can be difficult for a computer to pick out green pen on the back of a green script, and red pen most of the time is bloody faint.

And PSNC's advice is often out of date or bloody useless (as they seem to prefer to bend over backwards for the DoH rather than fight our corner thses days)
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

what has been the vinegar, to the backbone of the PSNC?
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
              X