Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiredness at work - What to do?

Hey peeps

I was locuming variable hours in community and never felt tired. I’ve just started my permanent job in hospital and the tiredness is eating me away. I feel like a zombie……I’m hoping it won’t last long as I get used to the work.

How does everyone cope in the first few days?

Any tips?
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Re: Tiredness at work - What to do?

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post
    Hey peeps

I was locuming variable hours in community and never felt tired. I’ve just started my permanent job in hospital and the tiredness is eating me away. I feel like a zombie……I’m hoping it won’t last long as I get used to the work.

Any tips?
    Its always really bad for me starting work but in a month or so my body adjusts, only real solution is early nights until your body adjusts.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Hey peeps

Any tips?

try to ejnoy a bubble bath, some massage sessions, jaccuzi, or yoga sport.
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Two large Gordons and Schweppes Tonic usually did it for me..the trials of the day just melted away.....
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Thanks guys!

I don’t feel so tired today…..maybe it’s just the fact I’m getting used to the new environment. So many ppl!

I’ve been sleeping around 8pm…..that’s too early for me.

Bubble bath sounds nice…a good excuse to shop at Lush - Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

Schweppes Tonic….refreShing and fiZzy ….tried it today.

Lazy Lady...
          [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Hey ppl

I’m still feeling so tired…..I’m getting so bored just reading work procedures.

I attended one of those ‘Power Pump’ classes at the gym….which helped me a bit.

Even still, I feel as if I haven’t slept for weeks….
            Lazy Lady...

Comment

Check your Iron status.
              johnep

Comment

good call john! Lazy, have you considered the possibility that you might be a little anaemic?
                Or the other possibility - do you have any warning signs for diabetes (apart from the tiredness)??

or at the extreme end of the spectrum - are you sleeping well? Might be a case of sleep apnoea or are you a known sleepwalker/sleep disorder sufferer in past years?

(i know sometimes when I sleepwalk [and once even sleepdrive! ] i wake up the next day completely knackered)
                “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I need a man? Lazy Lady has a Lazy Lad
                  not getting much kip lazy? Is lazy lad keeping you up with his snoring?
                  “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                    not getting much kip lazy? Is lazy lad keeping you up with his snoring?
                    lol Sir, move your comment to the other thread
                    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey thanks for your replies

I think it might be a possibility. I’ve been anaemic in the past (just last yr!) and all the elders in my family are diabetic too.

I’m usually sleeping quite early… earliest being 8pm if I’m feeling really tired. If I go to bed at 12, I feel sick the next day. That’s how tired I can feel…sometimes I think I’m on another planet.

Sorry guys, I think I’ve started something again…last time it was fishnet tights!
                      Lazy Lady...

Comment

Sorry guys, I think I’ve started something again…last time it was fishnet tights! [/QUOTE]

oh lazy, what can we do..........
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

could it be because of ramadan???
                          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
                            could it be because of ramadan???
                            i bet she does not fast loooool
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

I was initially, but then I had to stop for a few days.

Thanks a lot Ray…..
                              Lazy Lady...

Comment

Working...
                              X