Status...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status...

What is everyone's opinion on status. For me status is when people in society have respect to you due to your profession. We already know that people don't take much of a great view of us as we don't do much 'bar count pills'. But is anyone bothered by status and respect?

At the end of the day if you are a doctor, you have great respect but if you make a mistake people will have a go at you.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Status...

Do you really think that is the case?? From speaking to others I disagree. I think the majority of the general public hold pharmacists in high regard. However I'm begin to think that clinical pharmacists get more respect or have more status as you call it.

Haven't had much first hand experience of public perception yet though as I am only just starting the Mpharm next month. I certainly had a lot of respect for my local pharmacist. He was actually more helpful than my GP mosy of the time as I was forever popping in for advice with regards to my kids.

Comment

Respect is something which is earned rather than being conferred as a right.

Whenever I need a pick me up about the profession, I read these words spoken in the Irish House Of Parliament Last year.

Senator Mary O'Rourke:

"I wish to comment on Pharmacists, They are the most unsung heroes and heroines of the world today"

"People have great faith in Pharmacists, sometimes more than they have in Doctors. People seem to believe the gospel from a Pharmacists mouth. I have seen people leave much brighter than when they went in, clutching their packages with whatever is in them".

"I know from my own experience that Pharmacists have a moderating influence on society which is never strongly spoken or written about. It is a remarkable influence".

Mary, I love you!

Last edited by openmind; 29, August 2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by openmind View Post

Whenever I need a pick me up about the profession, I read these words spoken in the Irish House Of Parliament Last year.

Senator Mary O'Rourke:

"I wish to comment on Pharmacists, They are the most unsung heroes and heroines of the world today"

"People have great faith in Pharmacists, sometimes more than they have in Doctors. People seem to believe the gospel from a Pharmacists mouth. I have seen people leave much brighter than when they went in, clutching their packages with whatever is in them".

"I know from my own experience that Pharmacists have a moderating influence on society which is never strongly spoken or written about. It is a remarkable influence".

Mary, I love you!

That quote is so good I will be using it from now.
        3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

YouTube - Pharmacy Respect

Comment

Originally posted by johannes View Post
            WOW........real scary....that video is enough to put me off!

Comment

almost...!

Comment

Originally posted by openmind View Post

Senator Mary O'Rourke:

Mary, I love you!

Good job it wasn't said to the RPSGB.
                They would assume that the pharmacists in question had done something wrong or expressed a "wrong opinion" in thought, word or deed about something at some point
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

as much as I would like not to, I still have to take this with a pinch of salt, i'm sure everyone knows the politics of whats happening with the pharmacy sector in Ireland, and this quote must have been taken from one of the political speeches made in the Irish parliament in support of the pharmacists. How often do people say things in support of the pharmacist in everyday life, when people think of HCPs they dont even think of pharmacists.....
                  We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
                    as much as I would like not to, I still have to take this with a pinch of salt, i'm sure everyone knows the politics of whats happening with the pharmacy sector in Ireland, and this quote must have been taken from one of the political speeches made in the Irish parliament in support of the pharmacists. How often do people say things in support of the pharmacist in everyday life, when people think of HCPs they dont even think of pharmacists.....
                    isn't all the hoo-haa in ireland at the moment in northern ireland, not the republic?

fleeg's the man in the know on that one though...
                    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

yup....in N.Ireland. Maybe im a unionist, those guys there are crazy, I want to know what proportion community pharmacies are multiples and if this fight's been led by the multiples or the independents, all this wouldnt happen in England 'cos the multiples are too greedy,
                      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

It's actually in the Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland is in no way involved.
                        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Isn't there trouble in both the north and the south?

Major problems in the south that will probably shut pharmacies.

Minor troubles in the north with the minor ailments scheme that will stop it for a while. Or is that UK wide?

Comment

Perhaps, but please do not forget that any problems being encountered regarding pharmacy in Northern Ireland have nothing to do with the current situation in the Irish Republic.

The two governmental systems in place regarding pharmacy regulation in Ireland are poles apart.
                            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

I was talking about the minor ailments thing in N.Ireland, but anyway what happening in Rep of Ireland with the pharmacy situation???

Comment

Working...
                              X