Unform for female pharmacists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unform for female pharmacists

ok, I encountered this surreal moment last week, I was the afternoon pharmacist, at a pharmacy beginning with "L", now abviously I expected the meet the morning pharmacist on their way out, as it transpired the morning pharmacist was actually the manager.

so, I walk in introduce myself as the afternoon locum for that day, everyone says "Hi", abviously in such situation the best thing to do is have a small chat with the other pharmacist to discuss any issues etc... so im looking and since no one introduces themselves as the pharmacist, I have to assume from their "dress". This is what i see, couple of women dressed in blue tops, so I assume counter assisstants, and thats what they were doing, then also couple of women in white dispenser tops, so I assume dispensers, now I also see one young gal with a white blouse and trousers, so I assume "pharmacist". As everyone would be able to guess, it turned out she wasnt, one of the ladies in a WHITE DISPENSER/LLOYDS top was.

Now, my issue: Do people in this forum think it suitable for a pharmacist to be wearing uniform while working?

Secondly, how common is it to have uniform for pharmacists?

Thirdly, would it matter if the uniform was the same as for other members of the same sex, e.g. as above where the pharmacist was wearing the same uniform as the other women in the dispensary?
    We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Re: Unform for female pharmacists

I hate uniforms….I haven’t worn one since school days!

I don’t think is necessary to wear one…as long as the pharmacist looks professional and smart. I’ve never seen any pharmacist wearing a uniform. Surely there must be something to differentiate between the support staff and the pharmacists?

I’ve always been told I’m a quirky dresser….but I always try to calm down for work! Keep professional…..
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

society has published guidelines for pharmacist workwear. What it boils down to is business dress & professional-looking or wear a labcoat. I however do wonder how strictly enforceable it is. In my opinion if you dress smartly to look professional it's best (but beware of overdressing - i end up looking like a bank manager if i wear a suit jacket )

pharmsoc outline that workwear such as polo shirts, staff uniforms which do not distinguish them from others & casual clothes are not suitable standards of dress for a professional.

having said that in the past when i've done an xmas day rota or BH rota opening i've gone in in jeans and a jumper - nobody seems to mind when you're only opening up for an hour...
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

When we had that really hot summer a couple of years ago I used to go to work in shorts and one of my extensive collection of Hawaiian shirts(of the wildest possible design).

I think in general that a pharmacist should look smartish and professional.

I have a loathing of uniforms. I think that big chains requiring pharmacists to wear a uniform is a further demonstration of how they seek to erode professional autonomy. I would refuse to wear one and would encourage everyone else to do the same.
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

haha shorts and hawiaan shirt? you joking tony?
          3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post

He isn't female?

Comment

i bet he is lol

for a male p'cists, a shirt+Tie+ smart trousers( take off the tie during summer time)
              for da ladies, Smart skirt( not the mini ones lol) + blouse/shirt

other staff members, a must to put on their uniform.
              [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
              [/COLOR]

Comment

I promise you solemnly I am not joking.

It was very hot.
                http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
                  I promise you solemnly I am not joking.

It was very hot.
                  The dress or the weather?
                  3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

The dress or the weather?
                    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

What about wearing a tight skirt, just above the knees with fish-net tights?

Would that be allowed?
                      Lazy Lady...
                      [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post

Would that be allowed?
                        why not? it depends on the shape of the bum lol ( no means to sound nasty)
                        if it makes the male dispenser stare at you all the time, then it's better if you avoid it.
                        as a student, i am telling you , i could not take my eyes off one of the locum( yes mini skirt ). sad, her next booking was the day after i finished working there
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Nite View Post

Would that be allowed?

depends - it's ok if you're off to the rocky horror picture show after work eh Jeff!....

http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/reta...ncy-dress.html
                          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

One of the girls in the 60s was wearing 'hot pants'. Asked by her boss not to wear at work as disturbed the concentration of the men whe sh learnt over her desk for the 'phone. Management men should wear suits and management ladies the equivalent. John Lewis famous for it's dress code.
                            johnep

Comment

Hot pants are a bit extreme….I’ve worn fish-net tights as a pre-reg with a little cute waist-coat, but most of the pharmacy staff were wearing them, including a lot of the doctors too!

I’m happy to join Jeff at the rocky horror show, only if Sir Dispensalot comes too…!

Lazy Lady...

Comment

Working...
                              X