Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre reg and third yr work exp

hey

i am slightly confused currently I am in my second year of pharmacy goign into third this sept, what i wanted to know was boots, teco, llyods etc offer third year palcements for work exp and also pre reg application does that mean being a third year i need to apply for both summer placements and then pre reg applications as on llyods its states for 2010/2011 prereg apply in january 2009 and for 2009 summer placement aplly now till novemeber i would be greatful if some one could explain how it all works
    thnks

also i have just finished my bots placement if i then apply to llyods for next yr placement and put my work exp as boots will they be annoyed or is that a good thing to show
    many thanks

Re: pre reg and third yr work exp

It is so long ago that I was a student I can't advise you on what yo need to do. However I cannot imagine Lloyds being upset that you once had a placement with Boots
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Originally posted by star View Post
      hey

i am slightly confused currently I am in my second year of pharmacy goign into third this sept, what i wanted to know was boots, teco, llyods etc offer third year palcements for work exp and also pre reg application does that mean being a third year i need to apply for both summer placements and then pre reg applications as on llyods its states for 2010/2011 prereg apply in january 2009 and for 2009 summer placement aplly now till novemeber i would be greatful if some one could explain how it all works
      thnks

also i have just finished my bots placement if i then apply to llyods for next yr placement and put my work exp as boots will they be annoyed or is that a good thing to show
      many thanks

1- you have to apply twice, onc application for summer placement, the other one ( deadline end of may for a lot of chains) for pre-reg placement.
      2- you will not get a place if you show no work experience! they won't be annoyed..... put on boots placement, just PREPARE yourself to questions like ( Why Lloyds, not Boots), (what did you learn through your placement)....etc
      3- remember if you are flexible with the location, you would not face any problems, otherwise you might compete for one place with another 9 students.
      in one of my interviews, i was told 31 students put this place as 1st option and they only have 4 pharmacies in that town. i smilled and said" quite happy with relocating to the adjacent towns, booom got the place".
      it's is a fact that competition for places is increasing
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

I completed my summer placement with lloyds last month. Don't worry about applying for the pre-reg yet, just complete the applicatins for the summer placements.

With Boots you have to do the summer placement with them in the 3rd year to be considered for the pre-reg year.

However with lloyds you can still apply for the pre-reg if you don't do the summer placement with them in your 3rd year. If you do the placement with them in your 3rd year you will get an automatic interview for the third year.

Comment

Originally posted by manu View Post
          I completed my summer placement with lloyds last month. Don't worry about applying for the pre-reg yet, just complete the applicatins for the summer placements.

With Boots you have to do the summer placement with them in the 3rd year to be considered for the pre-reg year.

However with lloyds you can still apply for the pre-reg if you don't do the summer placement with them in your 3rd year. If you do the placement with them in your 3rd year you will get an automatic interview for the third year.

did u get your pre-reg contract from lloyds or not yet?
          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
          [/COLOR]

Comment

No, not received it yet.
            Are you at uni Ray or have you qualified?

Comment

[QUOTE=manu;15499]No, not received it yet.
              Are you at uni Ray or have you qualified?
              uni, still waiting my contract. have u done a summer placement with them? because i have not
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X