superintendant pharmacist criterea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superintendant pharmacist criterea

hey folks, does anyone know what criteria i have to satisfy to take on a superintendent pharmacist role? do i need a certain amount of uk experience?

THANKS,

Sterling

Re: superintendant pharmacist criterea

Be very careful, Recent case where someone took on role and found himself in trouble over the owner getting up to all sorts of tricks.
    johnep

Comment

When I attended the required "Reciprocity" registration meeting at the RPSGB upon my arrival in the UK in Jan. 1999, I remember sitting in a room with eleven other "foreign" phcists about ot be added to the Register that day, and we were given a short talk in the risks/joys of being a Phcist in the UK; The speaker (I don't remeber who it was) made a point of warning us about taking up jobs as Superintendent Phcists, which I thought was rather strange; The concept of superintendents doesn't exist where I come from, every individual phcist is entirely responsible for what he/she does,no ifs & no buts.
      Now, 10 years down the line, I haven't really changed my opinion much; when all 2100+ lloyds branches only have one single superint. pharmacist, it can hardly be seen as a "useful/necessary" position.
      Give me one good reason for having a SP. Isn't it just another box-ticking exercise?
      "What has your SP done for you, lately?"
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

I was supposed to receive the same sort of induction from a chap at the Irish society when I registered...he didn't turn up, so they gave us our certificates anyway and said "Good Luck"!...I commenced employment 3 days later as Supervising Pharmacist...not too far from Superintendent from a legal viewpoint.

Superintendent posts should attract serious remuneration...if they don't..then leave well alone..you have not been promoted..you are the next scapegoat.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

sounds scary johnep, any chance you could PM me a couple of details?

Comment

Sorry, forgot exact details, you could find in PJ archives of stat com on line.
            johnep

Comment

from what ive experienced of SPs, they seem to be kn**s, in my inexperience i used to think they are on the side of the pharmacist in-charge of a store under their care (e.g. Manager or locum), maybe protect them pharmacists from non-pharmacy influences within the company, but "no", they work for only the company's and no one elses interests, abviously that would be the case expected as they get paid by them, so where does that leave the normal pharmacist (manager or locum). On his/her own, pharmacy was already a very isolated profession, i didnt think it was this much!!!!
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
                from what ive experienced of SPs, they seem to be kn**s, in my inexperience i used to think they are on the side of the pharmacist in-charge of a store under their care (e.g. Manager or locum), maybe protect them pharmacists from non-pharmacy influences within the company, but "no", they work for only the company's and no one elses interests, abviously that would be the case expected as they get paid by them, so where does that leave the normal pharmacist (manager or locum). On his/her own, pharmacy was already a very isolated profession, i didnt think it was this much!!!!

A lesson that we all learn.
                Until the rules change the pharmacist is in personal control.
                The buck stops with you!
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Three years experience springs to mind but I can't remember where I learned this or even if my brain made it up.
                  Call the pharm soc and see if they can give you a simple answer to a simple question!

Comment

Working...
                  X