Stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress

Well well well has anyone else read this..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7563149.stm

This is something I didn't expect to see in the national news. Whats everyones opinoin on it?

Re: Stress

I didn't see this in the news.
    About time something was said - Well done PDA.

Comment

thank god for that, hopefully we get a pay rise
      3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

yeah I agree with it. But is anyone concerned that it might reflect badly on pharmacy that we are taking too much on and cant handle it? I wouldnt like to see doctors look up and use it as an argument against pharmacy progress such as independent prescribing.

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
          thank god for that, hopefully we get a pay rise
          there is nothing that suggest a pay rise in the article, it's what you can name it ' getting it out of your body' moaning.
          Last edited by Rafael; 18, August 2008, 03:30 PM.
          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            there is nothing that suggests a pay rise in the article, it's what you can name it ' getting it out of your body' moaning.
            I bet there's a 0.01p professional fee per prescription as a stress allowance.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
              I bet there's a 0.01p professional fee per prescription as a stress allowance.
              more likely a fee reduction becaue we're doing too many scripts - i can see it now - a tiered reduction in per-item dispensing fee based on script numbers submitted (under the guise of 'financial encouragement to reduce workloads in individual pharmacies')!
              And good old PSNC will do their usual routine of
              PSNC - "We don't like this!"
              DoH - "tough. We're doing it anyway"
              PSNC - "oh go on then. We'll pass it off as our own brilliant negotiated idea."

Those 'government talks' are all about the remote supervision things - anyone think that'll lead to a reduction in stress? i seriously doubt it in the short term at least - all the separation anxiety as so many of us get used to new roles at once will be scary!
              I think the thing many of us get stressed about is change - especially the past few years when all we've seen is change!
              Change is good, but constant change leaves it very hard to find your footing.
              Maybe once we're all floating around in the consultation rooms using our clinical skills we'll be happy....
              Last edited by Sir_Dispensalot; 18, August 2008, 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot to close my inverted commas!
              “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                I think the thing many of us get stressed about is change - especially the past few years when all we've seen is change!
                Change is good, but constant change leaves it very hard to find your footing.
                Change has for a long time been used by the DoH as a means of negotiation. Enough change to keep you off balance and eventually you stop thinking and just do as you're told.

Those who have worked in or around PCTs will have come across the GP reaction of "stuff the evidence talk - just tell me what you want me to do"

Maybe once we're all floating around in the consultation rooms using our clinical skills we'll be happy....
                As long as we are happy doing what we are told to do.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X