What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Ive got a Rx from a hospital prescriber (green HP) hand written for a months supply of warfarin, three different strengths. Problem is its not dated.

I phone the hospital and its all above board so I dispensed it (I know, I know!!! not a legal document without a date but the other alternative was to send this poor chap back to the hospital to get the doctor he saw to write a date on the prescription.)

Ive had problems in the past with returning Rx's to hospitals for amendments and basically I never see them again and trying to chase them up gives me a pain in my head.

Basically I want to know:

1) What would you have done initially in this situation, when you first receive the undated script?
    2) What you would do now with the script once you've dispensed it? (Assuming you have done in the first place)

Cheers guys

Re: What would you do?

Originally posted by Mr Pharm S View Post
    1) What would you have done initially in this situation, when you first receive the undated script?
    Check that it was supposed to be dispensed - both with prescriber and patients yellow book. Have the Hospital log it as a "critical issue" (puts pressure on them not to do it again)

2) What you would do now with the script once you've dispensed it? (Assuming you have done in the first place)
    Write in the date and send it for payment

I'm not claiming this to be legal, ethical or sensible, just a straight answer to the question of what I would do.

Jeff

Comment

I would do the same as Jeff!

At the end of the day if the Dr. has simply forgotten to date it and the Rx has been confirmed as genuine I can't see a problem(RPSGB probably would though!) in rectifying the situation as Jeff describes.

Comment

This thread pretty much says it all for a lot of us...We do the degree, pre-reg, continuous assessment, etc. etc.........But can still not be trusted to write a date on a piece of paper..It's bloody pitiful.
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Absolute joke i agree!

Comment

Working...
          X