Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dentists

Hi Everyone

Well now I know I should have been a dentist!

Last night I had toothache, and haven't been to the dentist in ages, so I thought I need to do something about this, After ringing round about six dentists all they could offer me was to go on a waiting list to become a private patient. No good I thought, I can't even eat my lunch properly.

I got "lucky" and found a private one (forget about getting in on the NHS - it ain't happening) that would see me on Wednesday afternoon. As I don't work Wednesdays I tought great. The cost is £65 for an initial check up, and then the charge is dependent upon the time for any treatments.

The time charge - a mere £42.50 for every 15 minutes of treatment! Not a bad hourly rate hey?
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

You can't really blame the dentists.

They were doing x amount of work by the NHS and being paid just a little over x for it.

No-one can do that long term, can they? Oh hold on, we're all pharmacists aren't we? perhaps we can.

Or perhasp we shoudl follow their lead and stop doing NHS work!
    :twisted:
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Dentists and Pharmacists

Linnear

Interesting thought, but how would we make a living if we stop NHS work?
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Do what I'll be doing next weekend: nothing but emergency supplies, with 50% on-cost & £5 minimum charge, AND people are actually greatful!
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Or even grateful...
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Re: Dentists and Pharmacists

Originally posted by admin
            Linnear

Interesting thought, but how would we make a living if we stop NHS work?
            If we all stood up for ourselves. Just wait for the outcry that all the OAPs have to pay a private fee! That would scare Blair! :twisted:
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
            X